Lossless [Heavy / Power] » Pantera (US) - Power Metal (1988) [Shock Rock Records Reissue] [Lossless FLAC / WAV]
  • http://i.imgur.com/kYoWluW.jpg

Artist: Pantera
    Label: Shock Rock Records, #02
    Release: Power Metal (1988)
    Genre: Heavy Metal / Power Metal / Speed Metal
    Bitrate: Lossless FLAC & WAV
    ►Lossless Posts Below
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Password: Benreed95

I have no clue when this bootleg was released but this has some pretty good sound quality, sounds like it could have taken straight drom the original CD pressing.

Ripped straight from my personel copy of the CD.
    HQ scans are included in the archive.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Rock The World
    2. Power Metal
    3. We'll Meet Again
    4. Over And Out
    5. Proud To Be Loud
    6. Down Below
    7. Death Trap
    8. Hard Ride
    9. Burnnn!
    10. P*S*T*88

Line-up:
    Phil Anselmo - Vocals
    "Diamond" Darrell (AKA "Dimebag" Darrell or Darrell Abbott)
    Rex Rocker (AKA Rex Brown) - Bass
    Vinnie Paul (AKA Vincent Paul or Vince Abbott) - Drums

http://i.imgur.com/oQTbd.png
    Bringer of Steel
    United States (us) MaleYouTube 
    Name: Ben Smith

Topics Solved: 16

I've downloaded a lossless rip from Metal Magic Records (MMR-1998)!Do you know if this a bootleg or the real thing, Ben?
    Name: Sarissoforos

Topics Solved: 9

Bootleg. Sole holder of the rights for first four albums is Vinnie Paul. Only official releases are Metal Magic Rec. Yeah, it does sound good. Reborn classics cd's sound rather good, also.
    Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 65

I know it's a bootleg, but i'm more curious about where the audio files came from? and want to know when this was released in couse i can't find any reissue date in the packaging nor on the internet.

also i have not heard the Reborn Classics boot of this album, but have heard the Reborn Classics boot for "I Am the Night", so if you have heard the Reborn Classics boot of "Power Metal" and it sounds just like this one?, then i know where the audio files came from.

Bringer of Steel

Heavy Thrashhead wrote:I know it's a bootleg, but i'm more curious about where the audio files came from? and want to know when this was released in couse i can't find any reissue date in the packaging nor on the internet.

also i have not heard the Reborn Classics boot of this album, but have heard the Reborn Classics boot for "I Am the Night", so if you have heard the Reborn Classics boot of "Power Metal" and it sounds just like this one?, then i know where the audio files came from.

Reborn Classics used vinyl as a source. First was with Shok Paris' Go For The Throat, Project and I'm the Night were on one cd and Power Metal was with Villain's Only Time Will Tell.

This one sounds the same as Metal Magic cd, so they took original edition as a source. I have no idea when Shock rock version came out
    Bringer of Steel

akira wrote:
    Heavy Thrashhead wrote:I know it's a bootleg, but i'm more curious about where the audio files came from? and want to know when this was released in couse i can't find any reissue date in the packaging nor on the internet.

Reborn Classics used vinyl as a source. First was with Shok Paris' Go For The Throat, Project and I'm the Night were on one cd and Power Metal was with Villain's Only Time Will Tell.

This one sounds the same as Metal Magic cd, so they took original edition as a source. I have no idea when Shock rock version came out

At least they used the original cd pressing as a source, but, i'm now curious what bitrate of the original source they used, MP3 or Lossless?, well anyway, we'll never know, but until then, this remains as close to the original (in sound quality wise).

Bringer of Steel

Heavy Thrashhead wrote:
    akira wrote:

At least they used the original cd pressing as a source, but, i'm now curious what bitrate of the original source they used, MP3 or Lossless?, well anyway, we'll never know, but until then, this remains as close to the original (in sound quality wise).

No, it's not mp3. Remember, these cd's were released in 1993, mp3's were non existent then. I have CD-r of Project /I am the Night taken from that cd and it's lossless and it's very good quality. If these are Ok, probably other two Pantera albums should be good as well. Their problem wasn't whether thy used mp3 or not, but was the transfer good or not, and in some cases transfers weren't good.
    Bringer of Steel

akira wrote:
    Heavy Thrashhead wrote:At least they used the original cd pressing as a source, but, i'm now curious what bitrate of the original source they used, MP3 or Lossless?, well anyway, we'll never know, but until then, this remains as close to the original (in sound quality wise).

No, it's not mp3. Remember, these cd's were released in 1993, mp3's were non existent then. I have CD-r of Project /I am the Night taken from that cd and it's lossless and it's very good quality. If these are Ok, probably other two Pantera albums should be good as well. Their problem wasn't whether thy used mp3 or not, but was the transfer good or not, and in some cases transfers weren't good.

So this pressing by Shock Rock Records could be lossless audio, but the problem i have is the date of release, since the the person tried as hard to cover he/she's tracks, but the packaging is decent and the disc looks like a real cd and not a cheap cd-r, so maybe this could have been around the early 90's?, i'll never know until someone arround the road will spit out the truth abouth this undated bootleg pressing?.

Bringer of Steel

Heavy Thrashhead wrote:
    akira wrote:
    Heavy Thrashhead wrote:At least they used the original cd pressing as a source, but, i'm now curious what bitrate of the original source they used, MP3 or Lossless?, well anyway, we'll never know, but until then, this remains as close to the original (in sound quality wise).

So this pressing by Shock Rock Records could be lossless audio, but the problem i have is the date of release, since the the person tried as hard to cover he/she's tracks, but the packaging is decent and the disc looks like a real cd and not a cheap cd-r, so maybe this could have been around the early 90's?, i'll never know until someone arround the road will spit out the truth abouth this undated bootleg pressing?.

Reborn Classics are from 1993. This Shock Rock is fairly recent, maybe couple of years old. Shock Rock is lossless 100%. I'll try to find the info.
    Bringer of Steel

new link (WAV): Hidden Link

• 5 likes this
    Name: Zach

Topics Solved: 0

another new link.([Metal Magic MMR-1988] original analog rip flac)
    Hidden Link
    Please convert flac to wav in each environment.

• 5 likes this
    Random avatar
    Marshall Island (mh) Male
    Name: Takeshi_Kitano

Topics Solved: 0

« Return to Lossless [Heavy / Power]