Releases still available from bands or labels.
Rejected Requests & Uploads »  [REJECTED] Luv Hunter (US) - Luv Hunter (1989) [Lossless WAV Vinyl Rip]
  •  ! Strappado wrote:
    Reissued in 2018 by Lost Realm Records

Buy CD+DVD: https://www.lostrealmrecords.com/#!/LUV ... /189344806

https://i.imgur.com/o9mj7jb.png

Artist:Luv Hunter
    Release:Luv Hunter IRON WORKS Records IW 031
    Genre:Heavy / Power
    Bitrate:1411 kbps / 16-bit WAV
    ►REJECTED
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Luv Hunter is another great obscure USPM act, yet one whose title perhaps may have “misleaded people around” to quote Ricky from Trailer Park Boys to think they were another one in the endless queue of wannabe, Sunset Strip glam acts of the mid/late 80’s – when in fact, they actually possess much more of an allegiance to Queensryche and Fifth Angel than any semblance to Poison or Faster Pussycat. What we have here is their only known release, a beautiful, emotionally charged, hyper-melodic slice of USPM gem-ism, which will sit nicely alongside your Fates Warning, Glacier, Oliver Magnum, Crimson Glory and of course Queensryche LP’s.

As mentioned above, the band this most sounds like is early Queensryche, and I think these guys attempted to make no secret of their respect for “The ‘Ryche”. Riff phrasing and acoustic guitars in ‘Life on the Edge’ are perhaps the biggest testament to this, as are the passionate, powerful lead vocals and the whole grandiose, somber tone of the track. All bear much similitude to the Seattle titans of USPM. In this track and elsewhere however, you may notice a little weakness in the drum mix, kinda messy, and rough, yet won’t ruin your listening experience.

Elsewhere on the album, Luv Hunter gets anthemic, with their self-titled track, which features powerful vocal melodies a la Leatherwolf, driving percussion and some great guitar leads. This is perhaps the most conventional track on the album – which makes sense, as these types of songs are designed to be catchy, not reduce you to tears. Anyway, strong catchy number with an awesome obligatory fade-out which should get a couple a fists pumping. ‘She’s Like Fire’ is another one is this vein; slightly more conventional, with somewhat of a M.A.R.S. feel – yet lacks the intense driving power of the more serious tracks – although the excellent high pitched vocal screams continue along – especially the latter section with its melodic guitars.

The aforementioned tear-jerkers may be found in the depressive ‘Life on the Edge’ (A sure-fire contender for most powerful track on the album), and somewhat in the shadowy, yet driven “Goin’ Nowehere”, with its emotive lyrics, and howling banshee screams and excellently written guitar leads. What’s USPM without songs of intense emotion (Queensryche, Leatherwolf)? Not much in my opinion. For straight-up fist-bangers you’ve got heavy metal, and for speed and balls you’ve got thrash. USPM should offer emotive, reflective content and beautiful vocal harmonies and guitars. We find this exemplified in the short and appropriately titled outing ‘Broken Dream’, featuring depressive acoustic guitar and some nice production touches. Proof positive – that these guys knew exactly what they were doing, and what they were going after when they wrote this excellent album.

Another contender for favourite is the gallopy pumper ‘Victory Battle’ – classic power metal subject matter, tackled here with harmonic guitars and a head-bangable chorus. Beautiful vocal sections here will again bring on the Queensryche comparison. In fact, most good USPM bands seem to have a vocalist that sounds like Tate (see Screamer for another example). A solid track which balances out the simpler, more conventional attack of “She’s Like Fire” and the somber approach of ‘Life on the Edge’ and ‘Broken Dream’, this one sits along the slicing metalfest ‘Dreamwave’ nicely.

In summation, an excellent piece of melodic USPM here – not quite as amazing as ‘Crimson Glory’ or ‘Target: Earth’ but not miles off either. What we have here is a band with direction in what they are playing; they have all the right hallmarks and the right overall feel for the genre. Tracks dance between the titanic all-rounder (excellently titled) ‘Dreamwave’, to fists-in-the-air bangers, to affecting sadder tracks. When you combine ample quantities of soaring, melodic vocals, and some great songwriting and guitars – you have perfect recipe for a great underrated power metal gem. Fans of the aforementioned, especially early Queensryche would be well-advised to pick this one up. ''

Review of Luv Hunter's album was taken from metal-archives.

AZRA International
    Series 100
    Collectors Edition
    Gold Vinyl 1 of 100

Another rare and obscure piece of U.S.A. Heavy Metal.
    This is a lossless vinyl rip, from my golden copy.
    The production is really bad, so I've changed the frequencies a little bit!
    Once again I have removed all pops & clicks, hiss and initial noise.

Luv Hunter's album was requested, through pm, by akira.
    Here it is my friend: the whole post is dedicated to you!

Endlesss thanks to Strappado for his instructions about the vinyl covers!
    This post is, also, dedicated to you, mate ...

ENJOY Luv Hunter!!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1.Times Are Changin'
    2.Dreamwave
    3.Make It Right
    4.Life On The Edge
    5.Looks (That Take Control)
    6.Luv Hunter (The Hunt)
    7.Goin Nowhere
    8.She's Like Fire
    9.Broken Dream
    10.Victory Battle
    Name: Sarissoforos

Topics Solved: 9

It sounds amazing. Iron works had some awesoome bands and they all sound awful due to subpar production. Your rip brought new life to this already great music. Thank you !!
    Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 63

I am glad you find amazing my ''production'' (:D) akira!
    It took me a couple of hours to make it sound the way it does!

VibrationsOfDoom wrote:I'm in awe of much of the work you've done, would love to know some of the software you used to clean these... Me personally, I have about three different programs I use, and yeah, some of those vinyl releases were pretty crappy quality!!!

You have your answer in my Cloven Hoof - Dominator post.

Searched Crimson Glory and this came up so it's a must i give this a listen...Many thanks

Topics Solved: 0

Reissued in 2018 by Lost Realm Records

Buy CD+DVD: https://www.lostrealmrecords.com/#!/LUV ... /189344806
    Sweden (se) Male  YouTube  
    Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 2495

LOGIN / REGISTER TO BE ABLE TO COMMENT ON POSTS + VOTE TO SEE HIDDEN LINKS

« Return to Rejected Requests & Uploads