Radio Shows » [DEAD LINK] Metalmorphosis - radio show on K-Rock 107.1 Greensburgh, PA (Pittsburgh) 3-29-86 (66+ min. portion)
  • THIS POST HAVE DEAD LINKS.
    REQUEST A REUPLOAD HERE

SEARCH REQUESTS BEFORE MAKING A NEW ONE!

Metalmorphosis - radio show – with host Christie Carlo
    on K-ROCK 107.1 WOKU-FM - Greensburgh, PA (Pittsburgh, PA)
    Saturday, March 29, 1986 – sometime after 8pm (66+ mins portion)

1. Side A (36:15)
    2. Side B – Part 1 (10:36) {bad sound}
    3. Side B – part 2 (20:13)

►Dead Link
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A random recording from when I visited my cousin in W. Homestead, PA on Easter 1986. I visited Pittsburgh 2 or 3 times a year growing up since that's where my Dad was from and we have family there. I came upon this show during this visit at around 8:30pm in the evening.
    This was an all rock/metal radio station in Pittsburgh at the time called K-ROCK (1986) and this was a show called Metalmorphosis hosted by a chick named Christie Carlo. This was the only time I ever heard the show. I just happened to record some of it.

There are some sound fluctuations during the first 3 Kiss songs due to Side A of the old tape having some damage due to its age and being a cheap tape even for its time. By the 3rd Kiss song the sound improves. And Part 1 of Side B (track 2) sounds really really bad. The middle of the tape kept stopping and I had to fast forward and miss a portion of the broadcast. That’s where Part 2 of Side B picks up (track 3) and the sound is much much better.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Playlists:
    Side A:
    (cuts intape damage)
    All Hell’s Breaking Loose – KISS
    Black Diamond (live) - KISS
    Hotter Than Hell (live) – KISS (sound improves)
    Cold Gin (live) – KISS
    Secretly Cruel – KISS
    Ready to Strike – KING KOBRA
    The Warning – QUEENSRYCHE
    Lady Wore Black – QUEENSRYCHE (cuts off)

Side B: Part 1 (tape damagevery bad sound on this portion)
    Hell Runneth Over – GRIFFIN (cuts in)
    Keep On Rockin’ – UNCONTROLLABLE
    Revenge Attack – AVENGER
    (cuts - tape damage)

Side B: Part 2 (better sound)
    Creeping Death – METALLICA
    Fight Fire With Fire – METALLICA
    Power of the Night – SAVATAGE
    S.A.T.O. – OZZY OSBOURNE
    (cuts off - end of tape)

The song "Keep On Rockin'" on track 2 is from a very obscure band called Uncontrollable whose EP went rather unnoticed. You can see it in the Discogs website. Unfortunately the sound is so bad on that portion you can barely make any of it out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Banned
    United States (us) Male
    Name: Mikael Vaalkoth

Topics Solved: 6

« Return to Radio Shows