Updates and news regarding the forum!.
Announcements » Bye, and FUCK OFF
Wow. Crazy thread. I am a new member, but this Forum does have a reputation. I visited this site like a year ago and then forgot about it only to have someone recently remind me of it and I returned and joined. But I remember several people telling me to be wary on here because its easy to get banned or ostricized by the people that run the site. So far no one has bothered me and I don't intend to bother anyone else. Just enjoying the music I grew up on and will hopefully be able to share something.
User avatar
Status:Offline
Name: Rich
Rank: Fear My Way
Posts: 90

Reputation: 3615
Topics Solved: 1


poserkiller wrote:Wow. Crazy thread. I am a new member, but this Forum does have a reputation. I visited this site like a year ago and then forgot about it only to have someone recently remind me of it and I returned and joined. But I remember several people telling me to be wary on here because its easy to get banned or ostricized by the people that run the site. So far no one has bothered me and I don't intend to bother anyone else. Just enjoying the music I grew up on and will hopefully be able to share something.


I'm honestly surprised to hear that. I've been an active member here for many years & for 99.9999% of that time i've found it to be a friendly, supportive, educational & drama-free site. All that any of the mods expect people to do is to read the few forum rules & abide by them & for new folks to contribute, either through posting/re-uploading material or more generally by sharing their thoughts in the forum's many threads.
The only people i've seen get down-voted or banned were those who repeatedly ignored those rules, so i don't know where this apparent impression/reputation that it's elitist or cliquey here has come from, unless it's being spread by disgruntled former members.
The 'drama' in this thread was a very rare occurence & i'd hate to see it put potential members off.

Heavy Thrashhead wrote:never said that "Musicians" have "Bad Attitudes", not my intention. just stating that it's just him.


Sorry HT, I understood that you weren't meaning all 'musicians' have ego problems or a bad attitude.
I just didn't want that possible impression to allow him an excuse for his behaviour.
He shouldn't get to play the ever-popular 'tortured artist' card as some explanation or mitigation for his extreme reactions.
User avatar
Bringer of Steel
United Kingdom (uk) Male 
Status:Offline
Rank: Bringer of Steel
Location: Ecosse
Posts: 1499

Reputation: 30548
Topics Solved: 92


Cmon guys... it's just music... Who cares what the lyrics or insinuations are about in bands,music posing bla bla bla etc?
I wish people called my music satanist,nazi or racist etc etc if it made me richer.
It's hard enough already getting metalheads to listen to your music,any free publicity is good publicity...
I'd rather be perceived as a c**t with a million downloads than a squeaky clean muso with 100 downloads.
Only the people around you know the truth anyways.
After all.. imagine if Black Sabbath were labeled angels in 1970,we probably would be saying..."never heard of them"
So.. my take on all this is.. if people aren't mature enough to move on from this squabble then what are you still doing posting on forums in 2018?
User avatar
Australia (au) Male    
Status:Offline
Name: exsanguinator
Rank: Chasing the Storm
Location: gold coast
Posts: 49

Reputation: 255
Topics Solved: 0


exsanguinator wrote:Cmon guys... it's just music... Who cares what the lyrics or insinuations are about in bands,music posing bla bla bla etc?
I wish people called my music satanist,nazi or racist etc etc if it made me richer.
It's hard enough already getting metalheads to listen to your music,any free publicity is good publicity...
I'd rather be perceived as a c**t with a million downloads than a squeaky clean muso with 100 downloads.
Only the people around you know the truth anyways.
After all.. imagine if Black Sabbath were labeled angels in 1970,we probably would be saying..."never heard of them"
So.. my take on all this is.. if people aren't mature enough to move on from this squabble then what are you still doing posting on forums in 2018?


It sounds like you've either not read the thread or you've entirely missed the point.
The guy wasn't banned because he posted 'nazi' material, (even though it is inferred that that is prohibited by the forum rules), but because he over-reacted to someone's comments and turned it into an ever-escalating war of words, dragging the mods & other members into it and turning a small incident into a full-blown drama. He then effectively attempted to blackmail the mods into banning the guy he was arguing with, with an 'it's me or him' ultimatum.
If this had taken place in the 'real' world, in a pub or club, in excatly the same way, his behaviour (and not any perceived ideology), would rightly have warranted him being flung out by the bouncers.
User avatar
Bringer of Steel
United Kingdom (uk) Male 
Status:Offline
Rank: Bringer of Steel
Location: Ecosse
Posts: 1499

Reputation: 30548
Topics Solved: 92


Yes i read it a few times,I know what you mean. Deffo a barney in a pub for sure..but it's not in a pub.
I've read worse on cycling forums and av audio forums over the years, you're right by warning the guys as it's your obligation,
Again.. My view still is...I repeat to those guys involved .. get over it.. move on, it's 2018 not 1998...if you can't move on and forget about it in a few days you shouldn't be typing on forums in the first place.
User avatar
Australia (au) Male    
Status:Offline
Name: exsanguinator
Rank: Chasing the Storm
Location: gold coast
Posts: 49

Reputation: 255
Topics Solved: 0


Well it would appear that this vaalkoth guy got banned and does not care. After looking at what he contributed I'd say it's this groups loss. To be fair, he was called a Nazi for no reason. If someone called me a Nazi I'd be rather pissed about it too. Did he overreact? Yes. But a permanent ban? I don't know. Then again he was probably going to leave anyhow. And since he is banned he can no longer state his side of the discussion.
By the way, I made only 3 requests in the blog so far and was already accused of making "a ton of requests". It was only 3. I do plan on sharing some vinyls once I purchase something to rip them with.
I don't want to get in trouble for tossing in my 2 cents so I'll end my comments here.
User avatar
Status:Offline
Name: Rich
Rank: Fear My Way
Posts: 90

Reputation: 3615
Topics Solved: 1


Now that the drama's settled there's a bit of a problem. Namely that all of the uploads that vaalkoth put up can't be accessed as we aren't allowed to give thanks to banned users.
User avatar
 Male
Status:Offline
Rank: Stronger Than Evil
Posts: 154

Reputation: 265
Topics Solved: 2


Stillbirth Machine wrote: there's a bit of a problem. Namely that all of the uploads that vaalkoth put up can't be accessed as we aren't allowed to give thanks to banned users.

I didn't know that, but vaalkoth said he was going to delete all of his uploads. From what I seen, I believe he did it.
The status of every topic has not been changed yet to [DEAD LINK] , as there are a LOT of them.
User avatar
FORUM MOD!
Canada (ca) Male 
Status:Offline
Rank: FORUM MOD!
Location: Ontario
Posts: 3737

Reputation: 83583
Topics Solved: 327


I found him (vaalkoth) on facebook and he is going to be starting an online radio station with some radio shows and playing stuff from his collection.
User avatar
Status:Offline
Name: Rich
Rank: Fear My Way
Posts: 90

Reputation: 3615
Topics Solved: 1


It was 100% wrong to ban him.
Random avatar
Australia (au) Male
Status:Offline
Rank: Terrified
Posts: 1

Reputation: 0
Topics Solved: 0


What a lost bigger ... I do not understand the truth, but it's done. End.
Aya
User avatar
Status:Offline
Name: Acido
Rank: Stronger Than Evil
Posts: 110

Reputation: 4586
Topics Solved: 0


« Return to Announcements



Related Topics  Author   Replies   Views 
related Inhuman (Can) - Fuck Your War [Demo] (1987)

Phylo

4

723

related Pendulum (US-TX) - Skull Fuck [EP] (1989)

Phylo

0

928

related Area 51 (US) - Just Say Fuck! [Demo] (1991)

Pathora

0

571

related Distorze (Cze) - Fuck of War [Single] (1991)

cermi-cermak

0

450

related Bloodbath (US-CA) - Fuck Society [Demo] (1986)

OldNecromancer

0

926

related Death (US) - Fuck Chuck [Bootleg] (1991)

canadaspaceman

1

1028

related Vexation (Jpn) - Fuck Hard! [Demo] (1987)

RunningWild

2

747


« Previous topic | Next topic »

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest