Updates and news regarding the forum!.
Announcements » Mediafire Account Suspended
As many probably have heard, my Mediafire account have been closed - over 6000 files deleted just like that.
I contacted Mediafire for a solution to get the account locked up but all I got as a reply was:

"You will need to contact the reporting party. If you cannot successfully dispute these claims your account
will remain closed"

I guess there's no idea to fight against these assholes so the files will be gone forever, at least from the host.
I still have most of it backed up in digital format in case something like this would happend, so feel free to
request re-uploads.

IMPORTANT: I won't risk the blog to get closed down to (there's a lot of DMCA complaints already).
So much of the stuff will be linked from the blog to the forum with hidden links, just to prevent further reports.
Sorry for the trouble this may bring - but things are not as it used to be anymore with all these new companies
trying to destroy the internet.

There will hopefully be some changes (for the better) in the future with a private server to store our files on.
More about it later.
Sweden (se) Male   YouTube  
Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 1420

My middlefingers erect themselves big time thinking of those.... .No denying the wind turned cold and is coming from straight ahead since the turn of the year.
"I'm sick of eating shit, can't I try another flavour?"

• 2 likes this
Germany (de) MaleYouTube 
Name: Martin

Topics Solved: 8

http://barnyardlampoon.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/dle-finger.jpg

• 1 likes this

Don't get fooled folks,politicians are trying to gain control over last independent media they can't fully control so far,all that talkin' about "sb's" rights is just pulling a wool over our eyes,for few good years nobody cared and suddenly they worry?rubbish,one way or the other we persist,or there only be hip hop shit on the radio!
Random avatar

Topics Solved: 1

Damn, not the same s...t again m8! I would like say one thing. DON'T GIVE UP! Don't you ever give up!

• 2 likes this
Greece (gr) Male  
Name: Andreas

Topics Solved: 28

"Due to the recent closing of Megaupload and many other file hosts, our servers are being overloaded with free users and we must start dumping accounts, especially accounts with a large number of files such as yours.

The only two remaining file hosts with long-term credibility and an english interface, Rapidshare and Depositfiles, are overloaded as well, and have chosen to reduce download speeds as an effort to cope with the free users.

We receive copyright complaints all the time, and could have easily just deleted the files and left your account open, but that would be counter to our goal of reducing the load on our servers. Have a nice day. Mediafire Rep. #666."

Topics Solved: 0

also"mediafire" he start to break the balls... that sucks .... (what)
Bringer of Steel
Name: Daniele

Topics Solved: 31

This is just over money just like everything else is.
When free users take up too much of the site starts making that side of the service die. Then when they lose so much traffic/business they make the free service good again.

With Megaupload gone it gave all the other filesharing sites an overload of free users.

I really think it is time to make our own hosting server/service so we can stop depending on the fucking dickbags that run the current hosting sites.

• 2 likes this
FORUM MOD!
R.I.P. 1996 - 2016
United States (us) MaleYouTube  

Topics Solved: 3

I was reading a discussion yesterday regarding blaming Preyer for the suspended account on Mediafire.

I contacted Preyer, since I know some of the guys, asking them about it, and I got this reply.

Dear Bruce,
Absolutely shocked about this.

We (Preyer) had nothing to do whatsoever with this scenario.

The first I knew of it was from your e-mail.

The copyright feds are acting and we have not been contacted by anyone concerning fear the dark.

However we do not condone illegal free down loading or file sharing – people are ripping bands off everyday – they are more concerned about obtaining music free of charge – let’s make no mistake if they were true fans of any metal bands they would buy the material.

Ask them to go to work for free and see what they would say!!!!!

Please post this reply on the relevant blog sites.

I know some people may not like Preyer, but in light of what I read earlier in this thread about Mediafire suspending large accounts due to heavy traffic, it seems maybe some people may have jumped the gun in blaming them for this. It wouldn't normally be a big deal, but when people post remarks on Preyer's guestbook such as "I hope you get knifed," someone's crossed the line.

Just an observation.

Bruce
United States (us) Male

Topics Solved: 14

Neither am I supporting file-sharing in the way that it hurt the bands or labels. I am only accepting out of print material
and demos on the blog - I don't believe that we are ripping anyone off - many bands would still be hiding in the darkness
if it wasn't for us. The threats in PREYERS guestbook was far over the line, I don't support that.

However when other companies/people can claim right on a demo from 1985 without the bands knowledge it have gone to far!.
I attach the message from Mediafire here so you all can read it and to prevent any misunderstanding.

The file named Preyer - Fear The Dark [Demo] (1985) [strappadometalblog.blogspot.com].rar is identified by the key (t2ymm2zrudg).

"Hello, My Name is Hervé Lemaire , CEO of LeakID, I am legal representative of luino which does business under the name EMI music, Authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. You are hereby given notice valid under the DMCA copyright infringement notification requirements, 17 U.S.C.512. I am the designated agent of the owner of the copyrights of the images and audio/visual works listed below. I believe that the images and audio/visual works listed at the times cited below are being copied and distributed in a manner that has been not authorized by the owner of the copyrights, its agent or the law.

All link below containing pirated versions of luino copyrighted works. The information in the notice is accurate, under penalty of perjury. Please remove all linksAs soon as possible, we will check them everyday. Thanks to inform us about your act ions. We appreciate your efforts toward this common goal. Very truly yours, Hervé Lemaire Leakid 15 bis rue de chateaudun 92250 La garenne colombes France 0033698211000 Contact luino 118 rue du mont cenis 75018

Company Name: LeakID
Contact Address:
Contact Name: Hervé Lemaire
Contact Phone:
Contact Email: herve.lemaire@leakid.com
"

Complete list with material reported over the years

Witchfinder General - Soviet Invasion [EP] (1982) [strappadometalblog.blogspot.com].rar
Witchfinder General - Music [Single] (1983) [strappadometalblog.blogspot.com].rar
Witchfinder General - Burning A Sinner [Single] (1981) [strappadometalblog.blogspot.com].rar
Soldier - Sheralee [Single] (1982) [strappadometalblog.blogspot.com].rar
Split Beaver - Savage [Single] (1981) [strappadometalblog.blogspot.com].rar
split beaver - when hell won't have you [strappadometalblog.blogspot.com].rar
Handsome Beasts - Sweeties [Single] (1981) [strappadometalblog.blogspot.com].rar
Handsome Beasts - Breaker [Single] (1981) [strappadometalblog.blogspot.com].rar
Handsome Beasts - All Riot Now [Single] (1980) [strappadometalblog.blogspot.com].rar
Heavy Metal Heroes Vol.1 (1981) [strappadometalblog.blogspot.com].rar
Heavy Metal heroes Vol. II (1982) [strappadometalblog.blogspot.com].rar
Buffalo - Battle Torn Heroes [Single] (1980) [strappadometalblog.blogspot.com].rar
Shiva - Angel Of Mons [Single] (1982) [strappadometalblog.blogspot.com].rar
Shiva - Rock Lives On [Single] (1982) [strappadometalblog.blogspot.com].rar
Unblessed - Unblessed (1992) [strappadometalblog.blogspot.com].rar
Overdose - Conscience (1987) [strappadometalblog.blogspot.com].rar
Preyer - Fear The Dark [Demo] (1985) [strappadometalblog.blogspot.com].rar

Emil, those messages remind me the ones i get before my account locked. And i remember the company name which has reported a lot of my files on Mediafire. MUSO. WTF man, they are reporting demos? Whats the copyrights on that? Sometimes reporting Demos or albums from not active bands. I remember the Sanctus - Thy Diciples Demo, they reported it twice!!
Greece (gr) Male  
Name: Andreas

Topics Solved: 28

I think I know why the SANCTUS demo was reported, their material is being reissued on a proper LP this year.
http://bbtad.blogspot.se/2012/03/sanctu ... rs-lp.html

Maybe PREYER are working on some kind of reissue of their demos to? (hehe1)
'Fear the Dark' was also reported twice.

It looks more like a message TO Mediafire, FROM some fake "legal representative". They had to make it look official though. (no)

***OFFICIAL ANOUNCEMENT***
WE WOULD LIKE TO STATE THAT WE HAVE HAD NO ENVOLVEMENT IN THE CLOSING OF A CERTAIN ILLEGAL MUSIC DOWNLOAD SITE.
ALTHOUGH WE DO NOT CONDONE THESE SITES IT’S CLOSING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PREYER.
POSTING NEGATIVE COMMENTS ABOUT THE BAND JUST SHOWS THAT YOU HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THE BANDS AND YOUR ONLY CONCERN IS GETTING THE MUSIC FOR FREE, THUS RIPPING OFF THE BANDS IN QUESTION.
IF YOU REALLY DID CARE ABOUT THE BANDS THEN YOU WOULD GO AND BUY THE OFFICIAL RELEASES FROM THE BANDS AND NOT RIP THEM OFF BY DOWNLOADING THE MUSIC FOR FREE.

ALL NEGATIVE POSTS ABOUT THIS WILL BE REMOVED BY THE BAND AND WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO STAY ON THE GUESTBOOK. IP ADDRESSES RECORDED AND APPROPRIATE ACTION TAKEN...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

IF YOU CARE FOR THE BANDS AS MUCH AS YOU SAY, BUY THE MUSIC NOT STEAL IT.

PREYER

They seem to point out very clear that they are against "illegal" downloading, make you wonder huh ;)
I am not saying that PREYER are behind all this, but there is hints of a company or alike who is
related to the band forcing takedowns. On the other hand - they are correct in what they are saying.
It's illegal to share other musicians works, and we are all aware of that. However there is worse shit to care
about out then some obscure demo or single from the early 80's - this is nothing they gain money from
today. And better to share it for free then support those ASSHOLES called BOOTLEGGERS!.

Just saw this reply btw (better post it in case of more deletions in their guestbook)
"actually it wasn’t the site that got shut down... it was the sites collection of rare and out of print heavy metal that mediafire deleted all at once. because you complained to them. the reason mediafire gave for shutting down the account was because of a single demo by you guys! and you have to actually prove you own the copy rights through their complaint department. And only YOU own the copy rights to YOUR demo! And as for "buying the music and supporting the band" the site is dedicated to rare and obscure metal. how are you supposed to buy something thats out of print???? Well... I guess you could on ebay but NONE of that money would even go to you anyways! Are you really THAT greedy? that no one should have anything for free even if it’s impossible for the band or label to make money of it anyways for being out of print? that’s bad..."

BRB going to the store to pickup the official release of TRAITORS GATE on LP, hope it's not sold out
bye!

• 2 likes this

I have recieved 3 take down notices in the last week myself for preyer demo,Laaz rockit demo and live bootleg. my account is still open(for now). My site is for my radio program,The Heavy Metal Mayhem Radio Show. I feature a Different Demo And Live Show On each weeks program and offer the listeners the download of the featured artist. Some are mine,some I find on the net. It's a segment I do since I started the show 4 years ago as a way of bringing listeners in. I'm at the point where I will have to remove all links and ask people to e-mail me for them. The funny thing is I pay a small fortune for my lic. from BMI and Ascap to ply music on my show,but then this happens anyway.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/heavy-metal-mayhem
Bringer of Steel
United States (us) Male  
Name: Mike

You pay these companies/bands to play their music and they still report it?
Now who's the rip offs...

Like the show btw, have listened to it a couple of times (yes)

Any way you can mass upload the stuff to metalshared?

« Return to Announcements