Updates and news regarding the forum!.
Announcements » REUPS
hello to all, I will be reupping all my links shortly with MEGA because i think a few are dead so i will do it asap and MEGA links last for a long while (great)

Topics Solved: 0

MNL wrote:hello to all, I will be reupping all my links shortly with MEGA because i think a few are dead so i will do it asap and MEGA links last for a long while (great)

they have been deleting my uploads
FORUM MOD!
Canada (ca) Male 

Topics Solved: 328

If recent years have been anything to go by, a lot of hosting sites will be given cease & desist orders or shut down completely by the powers-that-be in the run up to Xmas or just thereafter.
Unfortunately, it's become a pretty predictable pattern in the last 5 years or so, so remember to back-up your files people!
Bringer of Steel
United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 92

Good choice. MEGA is the best uploading site so far.
FORUM MOD!
Brazil (br) Male 
Name: Mauro

Topics Solved: 9

Killtava wrote:Good choice. MEGA is the best uploading site so far.

When one site becomes the uploader of choice for most people, (Mega seems to be very popular at the moment), the powers-that-be tend to go after them with a vengeance in order to make an example of them.
It's happened time & time again; Rapidshare, Megaupload, Filesonic etc. were all the go-to upload sites in their time & every one of them was shut down because of their popularity.
That's why i'm always trying to encourage people here to use different file storage solutions, variety is good for the forum.
If you put all your eggs in one basket, then all the links get wiped out in one fell swoop whenever 'the man' sets out to bring down the the pre-eminent file hoster of the day.
There are a variety of ways to help ensure the longevity of your uploads on filehosting sites & stave off their deletion.
TOP TIPS:
Smaller more obscure file hosts attract less attention. Your downloads & uploads may take slightly longer, but it's well worth it in the long run.
Disguise your rar files so they aren't easily identified. Don't use the artist or album titles when naming the rar.
Finally, use a host that isn't located in the U.S.A.
If you can find one which suits you based outside of the E.U., then that's even better.
A host in Russia for instance is far less likely to be taken down for hosting (allegedly) copyrighted material, but that crazy alphabet they use takes a bit of getting used to, so it's not for everyone.

• 1 likes this
Bringer of Steel
United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 92

My service of choice is still 4shared. Have never had a copyright issue the way I go about posting stuff, and yes I agree, variety is ideal. You never know when one of those services will get shut down, and if everyone is on the same service we lose everything collectively.
FORUM MOD!
Canada (ca) Male YouTube 
Name: Tachi Ikoma

Topics Solved: 16

« Return to Announcements