Updates and news regarding the forum!.
Announcements » RapidShare After March 31st, 2015 all accounts will be deleted
  • RapidShare After March 31st, 2015 all accounts will be deleted

Notice

Dear RapidShare Customers

Kindly note that RapidShare will stop the active service on March 31st, 2015. Extensions of STANDARD PLUS and PREMIUM will be possible until February 28th, 2015.

We strongly recommend all customers to secure their data. After March 31st, 2015 all accounts will no longer be accessible and will be deleted automatically.
    If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to send us an e-mail to support@rapidshare.com

Thank you for many years of trust.
    Your RapidShare Team
    FORUM MOD!
    Canada (ca) Male 

Topics Solved: 328

In light of this announcement i'm glad i abandoned Rapidshare a long time ago, but i'm still sorry to see it go as it was once the pre-eminent host of choice, and through it i got to hear lots of great stuff.
    Thery're not giving their remaining users long to secure their data are they?
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 92

well i'm glad i never thaught about signing up with RapidShare, there was a time when i liked RapidShare but then when time went forward RapidShare started to disintigrate, i did not like how their service was acting in late 2012/2013-2014, now since their shutting down, all i have to say is

i'm glad, i think it was a good thing to put this dying horse to rest, good service in the early days before 2012 and horrible service later, that's all i have to say.

http://i.imgur.com/oQTbd.png
    Bringer of Steel
    United States (us) MaleYouTube 
    Name: Ben Smith

Topics Solved: 16

I never liked Rapidshare, this host was much bad. All moment that I have searched to download a stuff and somebody have uploaded in Rapidshare, the stuff was not staying not even by a month. I'm afraid with the Mediafire or 4shared to close, if the Mediafire or 4Shared to close, will be a disaster and the end of Internet.
    Banned
    Brazil (br) Male
    Name: Paulinhochocolate

Topics Solved: 1

metalheads were downloading in the late 1990s before all these fancy sites were around, I liked "low-tech" like IRC, but was unaware of mp3's back then, just used it for chatting.
    FORUM MOD!
    Canada (ca) Male 

Topics Solved: 328

back in time before these sharing sites there was FTP and index pages. All resumeable and nice. And now its getting to a scam level because most of the times you even click on a shrinked link(which will make money for the webmaster) or you are directed to a link which there you have to buy a premium account to download sth rare (which again if you buy an account part of the money goes to the link owner who has made you buy the account). I still miss the old days where you had to dig deep in the underground to find rusted tapes and trade them.
    Bringer of Steel
    Iran (ir) Male
    Name: Al

Topics Solved: 28

professorpaulinho wrote:I'm afraid with the Mediafire or 4shared to close, if the Mediafire or 4Shared to close, will be a disaster and the end of Internet.

I detect hyperbole...

If all sites such as those mentioned were to close, the unthinkable (i.e. people having to actually purchase items for their collections) might just transpire...
    United Kingdom (uk) Male

Topics Solved: 97

easternthunder wrote:
    professorpaulinho wrote:I'm afraid with the Mediafire or 4shared to close, if the Mediafire or 4Shared to close, will be a disaster and the end of Internet.

I detect hyperbole...

If all sites such as those mentioned were to close, the unthinkable (i.e. people having to actually purchase items for their collections) might just transpire...

that's right. many sharing sites are doing the same. k2s.cc for example or monsterfile and novafile.
    Bringer of Steel
    Iran (ir) Male
    Name: Al

Topics Solved: 28

« Return to Announcements