Updates and news regarding the forum!.
Announcements » There are some piece of scum...
The only time I would have problems with it, if my rips were exploited commercially. I do not own the right to any of the songs, the songwriters do. So I claim no rights and I am ok with sharing. Most of the live recordings / demo's I have uploaded here were not done by me anyway, but I got these trough tape trading back in the 80's. I upload these here because were a bunch of enthousiasts keeping the flame alive and I take the chance that someone else takes credit of it elsewhere for granted. It's not .netiquette though....
FORUM MOD!
Name: Nico

Topics Solved: 54

On my opinion, this is crime. These idiots would have to go to prison. Please Marco, don't leave us. Yours rips are marvelous. The Heavy Metal from Italy is amazing. How I can contact you? You have disabled the particulars messages button.
Banned
Brazil (br) Male
Name: Pelu

Topics Solved: 62

I no longer upload (or download) too much (only upon request mainly for friends), but I think an uploader expects/appreciates two things:
1. Feedback ("yeah, man, this is good stuff better than their second demo")
2.(some kind of)Gratitude("Thanks bro, I was looking for this!")
It's not a "crime" not to do either but if someone doesn't get something "in return" for his time and effort, he will hardly be motivated by the vague: "I like to spread good metal in the world" and sooner or later will stop doing it. So if you don't want to be nice, kind and grateful for the uploader's sake, do it for your own good in the longterm.

• 1 likes this
 Male

Topics Solved: 2

No matter what my sentence ssounds ..
I find it sad for me and the entire community if Marco has gone. He was one of my favourite uploader as his italian HM bands were so rare and interesting. Sad for everyone. Hope he will come back on his decision as the most important thing in the end, is the pleasure we have to make discover to other people some piece of our undying passion : Heavy Metal, rare or not. End
Bringer of Steel
Switzerland (ch) Male

Topics Solved: 2

Marco had nice uploads... man.
I hope one day he'll be back.
Bringer of Steel
Germany (de) MaleYouTube 

Topics Solved: 4

Changed my status - pm me first - if you wish to upload somewhere else and i talk specially about other Foruns - something i was the first putting in a Forum like HM Rarities.
( Do your own googling, investigation and then share/upload - that would be great...but stop leeching ! )

Topics Solved: 19

This isn't exactly the same scenario, but once I was asked for high quality scans of one of my vinyl releases. I obliged and found out that the images were to be used for a CD reissue. Obviously, I knew that someone may use the images to create artwork for a CD that was eventually going to be sold for profit. I also knew that I wasn't going to be profiting from it, but was nevertheless excited to see that the CD was finally going to be reissued. I was also thrilled to know that the cover of every copy of the CD circulating around the world was created using images from my vinyl. I was eventually sent a copy of the CD when it was issued, which was a nice gesture. I wasn't expecting anything, but sometimes when your intentions are good, things always come back to you.
United States (us) Male

Topics Solved: 14

Marco thanks for the effort all these years. I personally really appreciated it & learned a great deal. Cheers.
Random avatar

Topics Solved: 0

VardisRules wrote:This isn't exactly the same scenario, but once I was asked for high quality scans of one of my vinyl releases to be used for a CD reissue. Obviously, I knew that someone was going to use the image to create artwork for a CD that was eventually going to be sold for profit. I also knew that I wasn't going to be profiting from it, but was nevertheless excited to see that the CD was going to be reissued. I was also thrilled to know that the cover of every copy of the CD circulating around the world was created using images from my vinyl. I was eventually sent a copy of the CD when it was issued, which was a nice gesture. I wasn't expecting anything, but sometimes when your intentions are good, things always come back to you.

Cool story VardisRules.
If you don't mind me asking, what was the CD reissue that used your scan?
Cool that you got a free copy for your troubles too, a nice gesture indeed.
Apparently High Roller used a review of Hand Of Doom's 'Poisonoise' which i wrote for the Live & Otherwise Blog on the sleevenotes for the vinyl re-release of the album. I've only ever seen a blurry pic of it, never actually held it in my hands and seen it properly.
A freebie copy of the LP would have been nice, but that wasn't why i wrote the piece, and regardless i was well chuffed that it was included.
If anyone has the 'Poisonoise' album and access to a scanner, i'd be most grateful for good scans of it.
Bringer of Steel
United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 92

Greetings mortals,

HZ138 here. (metal1)

I really don't like the hate and abuse you are generating.

first off the link didnt come from this site.

look at my post count, i never responded to the thread or thanked, i didnt get the link.
the same is true on douche scott's houseofbootlegs site.

the link came off pastebin. no uploader credits. with a load of other links.

i reposted to share, so other metalheads could here the sounds..

we all love the same fucking things, right?!

soon as the italian began complaining i reupped it to my own hosting with my user name in it and thanked him.

no one owns the bootlegs, any bootlegs, if one does any then it should be the artists.
even if you taped the show or bought the bootleg its not your music and once its out on the net, its out.
we share to share to spread the music.

oh and when you ban this account, its not made from my IP so .....bothered i aint. (evils)

and marco, toughguy internet warrior shouting abuse, i presume you'll be dying a virgin?! (axe1)
Random avatar
Banned
United Kingdom (uk) Male
Name: praytothemoon

Marco is a big loss for HMR Forum.
Although I am a big fan of Waveform (or at least lossless), Marco was a great contributor, here, in this Forum.
I hope he'll back one day, in the future to come.

PS: @HZ138: I didn't know cockroaches could even think.

Arrivederci Marco.
Name: Sarissoforos

Topics Solved: 9

Prince Hector wrote:
PS: @HZ138: I didn't know cockroaches could even think.

Arrivederci Marco.

LOL.

AND U OBVIOUSLY CAN'T READ. MORON.
Random avatar
Banned
United Kingdom (uk) Male
Name: praytothemoon

Please Marco, active your PM message and return to share your rips in forum! I like many your rips.

A idea: Put in upload rar files the abbreviation of name of band and the your complete name ahead. For exemple: Havok (Ita) - Day Of The Cyborg [Demo] (1986) put in file Hkdem86.Rip.of.Marco(and you put your complete name). Put also in the next uploads within files rar a password protected script to indicate to be your upload. Would be better thus, and thus everybody will know that is your the uploads.
Banned
Brazil (br) Male
Name: Pelu

Topics Solved: 62

Man this fucking sucks. The stuff I post isn't mine. I've found them on various sites over the years, mostly from blogs like lockjaw. I have no clue who the original uploaders are. That's why I thanked everyone in my sig. This whole attitude is depressing as fuck. That's why I haven't posted anything in 2 months. I'm tired of getting pm's from certain members scolding me as if I were a child for posting music that they allegedly uploaded first to the internet. Shit how was I supposed to know that? You could be lying through your teeth. Honestly it's just not fun anymore. I thought we were ALL here for our love of metal? Does it really matter where it comes from? As long as the stuff we post is OOP then who gives a fuck. Just sit back, relax and enjoy the damn music.

• 4 likes this
United States (us) Male
Name: Frank Makue

Topics Solved: 17

Ei, this is infantilism rápa! Why this selfishness? You publishing yours rips you would be to collaborate to save the good music!!! What it's the problem others share your rips? Rapá the midia is trying to end with the rock and metal, put in your head! Rapá you need put all what you possess to everybody download, because thus you would collaborate to save the good music to the future generations.
Banned
Brazil (br) Male
Name: Paulinhochocolate

Topics Solved: 1

Obviously my English (or maybe yours?) is not good enough ... I wrote twice already that if someone has the time and desire to circulate what I share is not a problem for me, the problem is when instead, after downloading, some lazy scum does not make its own upload on other forums but just simply copy and paste my links (or someone else's) ... it bothers me that someone can take advantage of so that I do spending my free time and money, do you know the meaning of "respect"? surely hz138 does not...

P.S. 90% of my uploads come from my own LP,CD,tapes and live recording that i made personally during the concerts or traded and that i have ripped,when they come from old downloads i NEVER copy and paste the original links but i always make a NEW UPLOAD.

BTW,here is a cute message that i received from that scum in the other forum...

http://oi61.tinypic.com/oruruv.jpg
Name: Marco

Topics Solved: 70

professorpaulinho wrote:...you need put all what you possess to everybody download...

Are you seriously suggesting that someone must upload his or her entire music collection purely for the benefit of those who are too lazy or tight-fisted to acquire their own collection?! Unbelievable... (nope)
United Kingdom (uk) Male

Topics Solved: 97

nonseinormale65 wrote:Obviously my English (or maybe yours?) is not good enough ... I wrote twice already that if someone has the time and desire to circulate what I share is not a problem for me, the problem is when instead, after downloading, some lazy scum does not make its own upload on other forums but just simply copy and paste my links (or someone else's) ... it bothers me that someone can take advantage of so that I do spending my free time and money, do you know the meaning of "respect"? surely hz138 does not...

P.S. 90% of my uploads come from my own LP,CD,tapes and live recording that i made personally during the concerts or traded and that i have ripped,when they come from old downloads i NEVER copy and paste the original links but i always make a NEW UPLOAD.

BTW,here is a cute message that i received from that scum in the other forum...

http://oi61.tinypic.com/oruruv.jpg

What my signature is about my friend Marco: Respect & Contribution ...

easternthunder wrote:
professorpaulinho wrote:...you need put all what you possess to everybody download...

Are you seriously suggesting that someone must upload his or her entire music collection purely for the benefit of those who are too lazy or tight-fisted to acquire their own collection?! Unbelievable... (nope)

Our friend from Brazil obviously is a smart communist!
And I always thought I was an untamed anarchist.
I guess I was wrong.

(:D)

« Return to Announcements