Bootlegs [NWOBHM] » Scorched Earth (UK) - BBC Friday Rock Show Session [Bootleg] (1983)
  • http://i.imgur.com/MWIFizt.jpg

Artist: Scorched Earth (UK)
    Release: BBC Friday Rock Show Session [Radio Broadcast] (1983)
    Genre: NWOBHM/Hard Rock
    Bitrate: 160 kbps
    Hidden Link
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SCORCHED EARTH - BBC Friday Rock Show Session (1983) UK
    Recorded for Tommy Vance's BBC Radio 1 "Friday Rock Show"

Dave Cooper - Vocals
    Paul Bodley - Guitars
    Dave Matthews - Guitars
    Tony Badger - Bass
    Andy Beirne - Drums (DIRTY TRICKS, GRAND PRIX, LIONHEART, MAX & THE BROADWAY METAL CHOIR)

SCORCHED EARTH were a five piece NWOBHM band formed in Birmingham in 1978. Maintaining a solid line up from the outset, they built up a loyal following on the Midlands live circuit over the next few years. The replacement of drummer Tim Kristic in 1983 with former DIRTY TRICKS and GRAND PRIX drummer Andy Bierne brought the band to the attention of Carrere Records. Carrere were at the time experiencing success in the Rock/Metal market with SAXON, RAGE and ROSE TATTOO, and keen to add to their roster, signed Scorched Earth.

Their lone release for the label was the four song "Tomorrow Never Comes" EP, which was probably too cultured and subtle to attract an audience at the time of it's release. Despite good reviews, poor sales lead to the band being dropped by their label. A four song demo (confusingly, also titled "Tomorrow Never Comes"), surfaced later in the year, but with no breakthrough in sight, Bierne accepted an offer to join the much fancied LIONHEART.

After Bierne's departure the remainder of the band struggled to regain momentum and soon called it quits. Guitarist Paul Bodley later became a music teacher in Stourbridge, whilst Bierne stayed active as a respected session drummer. This is their BBC Radio 1 "Friday Rock Show" session from back on the 14th of June 1983 and it's a good 'un.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Where Do We Go From Here?
    2. Tomorrow Never Comes
    3. Shangri La
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 92

Hi,
    Just like to make the correction in the writeup above that Scorched Earth did not come to the attention of Carrere Records after my replacement as drummer - in fact it was my 5 years work with the band that helped create the attention and huge following we gained up to that point.
    So much so Riptorn, that you are right - this session was 'a good un' ... it is me who plays on it!
    Regards,
    Tim Krstic - drummer Scorched Earth

• 1 likes this
    Random avatar
    United Kingdom (uk) Male
    Name: Tim

Topics Solved: 0

TimKrstic wrote:Hi,
    Just like to make the correction in the writeup above that Scorched Earth did not come to the attention of Carrere Records after my replacement as drummer - in fact it was my 5 years work with the band that helped create the attention and huge following we gained up to that point.
    So much so Riptorn, that you are right - this session was 'a good un' ... it is me who plays on it!
    Regards,
    Tim Krstic - drummer Scorched Earth

Nice to have you here mate!!! Do you have any more material from the band that you can share with us ??i would love to listen something more from that period.
    Random avatar

Topics Solved: 3

Great band - much missed. Thanks. Also just realised that my 'reputation' is in minus figures - will be pressing the 'thanks' button from now on -apologies for unnecessary waffling!

• 1 likes this
    Random avatar
    United Kingdom (uk) Male

im pretty sure i heard a half hour live set back in the day on a radio station in the uk somewhere but i cant find it now??????????????
    United Kingdom (uk) Male

Hi eggnish - here's a link to the original Tony Wilson recording of Tomorrow Never Comes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XG71dQsZlQ

• 1 likes this
    Random avatar
    United Kingdom (uk) Male
    Name: Tim

I have a copy of a 4 track set they did back in 1985. PM me for a copy. I'm always interested in any other SE material that may be out there.
    Random avatar
    United Kingdom (uk) Male

Osmium76 wrote:I have a copy of a 4 track set they did back in 1985. PM me for a copy. I'm always interested in any other SE material that may be out there.

Yep - the file here misses 1 track :
    "Take It Easy"

Topics Solved: 19

« Return to Bootlegs [NWOBHM]