Bootlegs [NWOBHM] » [DEAD LINK] Starfighters (UK) - BBC Friday Rock Show Session [Bootleg] (1981)
  • THIS POST HAVE DEAD LINKS
    REQUEST A REUPLOAD HERE

CHECK EXISTING REQUESTS BEFORE MAKING A NEW ONE!

https://i.imgur.com/e5HOCS0.jpg

Artist: Starfighters
    Release: BBC Friday Rock Show Session (1981)
    Genre: NWOBHM
    Bitrate: 128kbps
    ►Dead Link

STARFIGHTERS - BBC Friday Rock Show Session (1981) UK
    Recorded for Tommy Vance's BBC Radio 1 "Friday Rock Show"

128kbps

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1526/starfighterfrunt.jpg

01. Devil's Driving
    02. Killing Time
    03. Eyes Tellin' You

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/7824/starfighterfront.jpg

Steve Burton - Vocals (FLYING HAT BAND, VINCENT FLATTS FINAL DRIVE, CRYER, THE SUBURBAN STUDS)
    Stevie Young - Guitar (LITTLE BIG HORN, AC/DC)
    Doug Dennis - Bass
    Jamie Hawkins - Drums (SURFACE)

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/2176/starfighterback.jpg

The Birmingham based Hard Rock/NWOBHM band STARFIGHTERS signed to Jive Records in 1980.
    The band's debut line-up consisted of vocalist Steve Burton, guitarist Stevie Young, a nephew of AC/DC's Angus and Malcolm, guitarist Pat Hambley, bassist Doug Dennis and ex-FLYING HAT BAND drummer Barry 'Spence' Scrannage.
    The latter was soon replaced by former HOLLY AND THE ITALIANS drummer Steve Bailey, Scrannage going on to create THE ALLIANCE.
    Prior to the formation of the STARFIGHTERS, Steve Burton was previously vocalist with THE SUBURBAN STUDS, and very briefly a member of GLENN TIPTON's FLYING HAT BAND and Hard Rock outfit CRYER.
    After debuting with the independently released 'I'm Falling' 7" single, on the Motorcity Rhythm label, the band was thrown straight in at the deep end supporting AC/DC in 1980.
    Subsequent rumours suggested that Burton had been offered the job of replacing the late Bon Scott in AC/DC, but had turned the opportunity down on the grounds of health, fearing his own vices would lead towards a similar fate.
    Following the release of the well received debut Tony Platt produced album for Jive in 1981, the STARFIGHTERS opened for MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP on a British tour, TRUST on a French tour and then landed the honour of opening for OZZY OSBOURNE in North America.
    The band hooked up with KROKUS manager Butch Stone and released 'In Flight Movie' in 1983, again produced by Tony Platt, as a creditable follow up to the debut, but inexplicably they were then dropped by Jive.
    There followed a lengthy hiatus before the STARFIGHTERS reformed in the late '80's and the group were quick to build up their local following in the Birmingham area, but despite some notorious live performances the STARFIGHTERS failed to gain label attention.
    The AC/DC connection would crop up once more in the STARFIGHTERS story as Stevie Young was asked to deputise for Malcolm Young for dates on the 'Blow Up Your Video' World tour in 1988.
    Stevie's first payment for this job was a new front tooth he had previously lost to a baseball bat in a brawl with a night club doorman.
    After the final STARFIGHTERS split, Young went on to form WORLD WAR III with Steve Redvers, guitarist Nick Slater and erstwhile BAJJON vocalist Ivan Norris.
    The outfit soon adopted the name LITTLE BIG HORN and signed to AC/DC's management.
    Live work was undertaken and demos recorded, but this band failed to issue commercial product.

art & txt included

ctWeaselkin1
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 93

riptorn wrote:
    hobgoblin wrote:always remembered for ACDC comparison.

just wondered about tracks, as i have this session with following:

01 - Devil's Drivin'
    02 - Killing Time
    03 - Alley Cat Blues
    04 - Power Crazy

Hmm, the tracklist is correct for the session i posted, maybe the session is incomplete?
    Or perhaps they did more than one session?
    (hmm)
    Any chance you could post the one you have for comparison's sake Hobgoblin?

as requested, though quality of tape was iffy. These are the tracks i've had all these years, also noted
    that these were the tracks once listed on wikipedia starfighters page. Bands have done more than one session,
    but i'd be surprised if it was same year. anyone else have any info?

dead link

Last edited by RunningWild on 12 Aug 2019, 16:16, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: dead link removed

mediafire deleted my account......PM me for any re-uploads
    Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 0

In Ken Garner's BBC In Session Tonight book he lists the only Friday Rock Show session as broadcast 4 Sept 1981 (recorded 21 Aug 1981) with the track listing broadcast in this order:
    Killing time; Devil's drivin', Power crazy, Alley cat blues.

The band members present on this recording were:
    Steve Burton(v)Stevie Young(g)Pat Hambly(g)Doug Dennis(b)Steve Bailey(d)

There is no mention of any recording including Eyes tellin' you. I haven't played the LP for a very long time, I wonder if these tracks were just lifted off the LP or CD reissue?
    Random avatar

Topics Solved: 0

« Return to Bootlegs [NWOBHM]