Bootlegs [Black / Death] » Samael (Che) - Live at Obsessions, Randolph, NJ, USA [Bootleg] (17/10-1994) [Lossless FLAC]
  • https://i.imgur.com/EcRPKWI.png

Artist: Samael
    Release: Live At Obsessions, Randolph, New Jersery [Bootleg] [Lossless FLAC] (1994.10.17)
    Genre: Black Metal
    Bitrate: FLAC
    Hidden Link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Samael/31

Samael

1994.10.17, Obsession's

Randolph, New Jersey

NOTE:
    This is from a VHS tape I transferred to CD back in 2002. I did a lot to the sound to make it more visceral without losing listenability, but there was a certain point where adjusting the volume higher make the full band parts sound like mush. Probably a B-, B during quieter parts.

I have always had a suspicion that metal bands dumb down their setlists for North America and I think I am right. Listening to this now, I think it is awesome that they played 7 songs off of Ceremony of Opposites, but if I had had the opportunity to see them for what have been only their 8th U.S. show (supporting Cannibal Corpse on their Bleeding tour) I would have been looking forward to hearing songs from all 3 albums. Given that that is exactly what happened during the Athens show I have from 5 months earlier, a show that theoretically would have just as many or more Ceremony songs given that it is earlier in the touring cycle, strengthens my suspicious.

Oh, and as if to confirm the location and provenance, after the final song, the announcer comes on stage and name both Obsessions and Cannibal Corpse. Which is helpful since I see a bunch of the converted dvd's of the Cannibal Corpse set, but not for their opener on the inter web. Also, I have no idea why they played the Ceremony Of Opposites coda live as an intro to the show, but they did.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    01 (ceremony of opposites coda) (1:23)
    02 Black Trip (3:18)
    03 To Our Martyrs (2:39)
    04 - (3:07)
    05 Son Of Earth (4:14)
    06 Crown (4:15)
    07 Baphomet's Throne (4:02)
    08 Flagellation (4:12)
    09 After The Sepulture (4:04)
    10 Ceremony Of Opposites (4:42)

http://hollowmoonsliveaudiorecordings.blogspot.com