Bootlegs [Speed / Thrash] » X [pre X-Japan] - Install Tape [Bootleg] (19XX)
  • http://i89.fastpic.ru/big/2017/0403/20/a7e68adf9b725439e58cf4233881a920.jpg

Artist: X
    Release: Install tape [bootleg]
    Genre: Speed Metal
    Bitrate: 320 kbps [cutoff at 16khz though]
    Hidden Link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    This song is known under different names: Install, Feels Damage or Terras Damme.

About this tape, here is a typical story which can happen with popular long existed band. Sometime someone has decided that this is an official tape, others say that this is not true. Let's look at pros and cons for both versions.

Pros:
    -There is a statement that tapes with this song has been distributed at live venues back in 80s. http://cisum990.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-33.html
    I also have seen the bootleger on japanese auction which stated the same. While the guy is a bootleger he still can get original source under such circumstances.

Cons:
    -First of all, does it mentioned in any known X's official discography? To my knowledge answer is no, it's not.
    -The only place I have seen exactly this one song tape selling physically is a bootleger on japanese auction.
    -There are many more tapes with X's live songs which do not mention in any known X's official discography.

Summarizing all I decided to mark this tape as bootleg. Maybe it was sold at live venues back in 80's with all other tapes with live songs. But even if this had happened a guy who sold them stayed in a darkest corner of live house wearing black sunglasses and long leather coat which inner side has kept such unique rarities.

Finally, live recording from which song for this tape has been taken also exist. My version has two different recordings of this song. One sounds exactly as on tape, other sounds differently but it's clear that this was recorded at same live. Maybe someone added tape version of the song to his live bootleg and spread it further, who knows.. - take it here X - 1987 - Osaka Yanta Rokumeikan (1987.05.18) [Bootleg].

Live Video

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Install
    Russia (ru) Male

Topics Solved: 18

« Return to Bootlegs [Speed / Thrash]