Bootlegs [Speed / Thrash] » M.B.I. (Fin) - Live at Parkrock [Bootleg] (1989)
  • http://i.imgur.com/afIfElJ.png

Artist: M.B.I.
    Release: Parkrock,1989 (SB)
    Genre: Thrash Metal
    Bitrate: 320 Kbps
    Hidden Link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Better than the demo, in my opinion. Soundboard caption. Found it on the www.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Destroy
    2. On-Off (Stoned)
    3. Laws Of Hate
    4. Anti-Fashion
    5. X2

Topics Solved: 19

Metalhuhn wrote:
    Witchking wrote:Thanks a lot for sharing! From what I read on the band's soundcloud, this is the only recorded stuff in the '80s.

No, it seems this was recorded in late 80's :
    "Recorded in the late 80's at Music Barn located in Ejde, Överpurmo. Recorded by Nylli Nylund and M.B.I. M.B.I (Mord, Brott, Igelkott) was Mikki Lantela, drums. Jocki Backlund, guitars. Andy Backlund, vocals. Punkky, bas. Music M.B.I. Lyrics, Andy. First time ever in the studio for me and the boys"

There's another demo recorded in a 4 track recorder that ocurred in 1997/1998 - didn't upload it here.

and this live recording that took place in Parkrock in 1989.

When I read: "Extra special edition of a Legendary, pioneering Thrash Metal Band from Esse, Finland. Recorded in the late 80's at Music Barn located in Ejde, Överpurmo. Recorded by Nylli Nylund and M.B.I. M.B.I (Mord, Brott, Igelkott) was Mikki Lantela, drums. Jocki Backlund, guitars. Andy Backlund, vocals. Punkky, bas. Music M.B.I. Lyrics, Andy. First time ever in the studio for me and the boys.
    Live recording recorded by Jakobstads När-TV at Parkrock 1989.
    4-track demos recorded between 97 - 98.
    "

I thought that these were two demos.

Anyway, huge thanks for the information and explanation!

Topics Solved: 6

Yep - some bands don't use the proper words.
    I'm seeing it all over - that a band call to a demo from them - demos. Don't understand why they use the plural instead of the singular.
    Other times they call it a EP (Extended Play) instead of a demo-cassette.
    You just need to search here - also some uploaders use the same words and in Metal Archives it's the same situation.
    EP to a thing only released on tape and that most of times the bands only sold it by mail or in gigs or for free to radios, zines or labels.
    Demo means - Demonstration.
    It's a way of band to release/show = demonstrate their music without having a deal with any label.
    Sometimes in a demo tape you find a label name. Almost all times it's a label created by the band to hold the copyrights of the tape.
    Also it's a mistake to call demos to only 1 tape. But this situation is normal to find - even in the musicians words.

The 4-track demos just means the demo was recorded in a 4 track recorder. The most common was a Fostex.

http://i62.tinypic.com/10zo86r.jpg

Topics Solved: 19

« Return to Bootlegs [Speed / Thrash]