Bootlegs [Heavy / Power] » Evil (Dnk) - Live at Keep It True Festival XI, Posthalle, Würzburg, Germany [Bootleg] (15/11-2008)
  • https://i.imgur.com/hIpCsXp.png

Artist: Evil
    Release: Live at Keep It True Festival XI, Posthalle, Würzburg, Germany 15.11.2008 (bootleg)
    Genre: Heavy Metal
    Bitrate: 320
    ►Dead Link
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Recorded by me with an ancestral cassette player on a very old cassette....the result is not very good and the sound is not the best. For die-hard fans only!!
    Here is a review of the show that I've found on Den Of Iniquity:

Danish heavy metallers EVIL entered the metal scene with quite a bang in late 1984, when Holland’s Rave-On Records released their Evil’s Message EP, a true masterpiece of mid 1980’s Euro metal. But as was the case with so many bands back then, their label refused to release a follow-up and by 1985 EVIL was history again already, despite the obvious potential. Fast forward to 2007, when original EVIL guitarist Kim X(mas) and drummer Freddie Wolf decided to give it another try. In the beginning original bassist Pete Hurricane was part of the resurrection too, but by May of 2008 he was replaced by Bob Thunder, who used to run EVIL’s fanclub in the 1980’s. And to complete the nowadays line-up, Klaus Vicious replaced original vocalist Pearl Angel. And with this new constellation they intend to record their full-length debut at long last. I was very curious to find out what EVIL would sound like these days, as I’ve been fond of Evil’s Message ever since it’s release. The band kicked off with Evil’s Message/Evil, which was an excellent move in my opinion, since I consider this to be a timeless classic. Over the course of their 45’ set, all three other songs from Evil’s Message were performed as well, and all were met with great crowd approval. And to round out their set EVIL played unknown songs (to most anyhow) such as The Other Side, This Is My Town and Dirt. Unfortunately those weren’t on par with the songs that people have known for over two decades already. Sad but true … Another excellent move came during closing tune Take Good Care (Of Your Balls), in which they incorporated a part of ACCEPT’s Balls To The Walls. Reason enough for (most of) the audience to go nuts once more. All in all an okay gig, but I’m curious what that CD will sound like, presuming it will ever be released.

(cheers)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    01.Evil's message + Evil
    02.The other side
    03.The devil wants me
    04.Son of the bitch
    05.This is my town
    06.Dirt
    07.Take good care of your balls + Balls to the walls (Accept cover)
    Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 0

thanks for recording this, OldManiac - I'll be very curious to check this out. That EP made a huge impression on me back in the 80s and I still revere the band for that glorious release.
    Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 18

The review is absolutely right about the unknown songs, they came nowhere near the glorious EP. So the evening ended up with mixes feelings, you see: for over 25 years I've been maddened by the knowledge, that I'd never see the band live or hear unknown songs. Well, I was proved wrong, but the experience wasn't as groundshaking as I always thought it would.
    Germany (de) MaleYouTube 
    Name: Martin

Topics Solved: 8

Reupload: Hidden Link

• 4 likes this
    Sweden (se) Male   YouTube  
    Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 1419

« Return to Bootlegs [Heavy / Power]