FORUM RULES
------------------
DON'T REQUEST 2010-PRESENT RELEASES AND ALBUMS STILL AVAILABLE FROM THE BAND OR LABEL.

Always put [REQS] before the topic title!. Try to include as much details as possible - country, release year, format, tracklist, sources/links.
Search the forum / Google before requesting!!.

Speed / Thrash Metal [Requests] » [REQS] Malhavoc (Can) - The Destruction Starts [Demo] (1983), & The Destruction Continues [Demo] (1984)
Banned
United States (us) Male
Name: Mikael Vaalkoth

Topics Solved: 6

I emailed a tape trader/ record collector who got the tapes the same time as I did in the 1980s to let MALHAVOC's founder James C. borrow his copies.
Since there is interest, then everybody can pay to hear them when officially released when remastered for CD / tape / vinyl / digital files.

EDIT:
no response back ever from the guy after a few emails.

Last edited by canadaspaceman on 03 Sep 2017, 20:20, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: argh
FORUM MOD!
Canada (ca) Male 

Topics Solved: 330

I will GLADLY buy a CD re-issue of the OLD Malhavoc demo's.
Banned
United States (us) Male

I am still trying to find these demo's.

Anyone?

Is a re-issue coming?

(please)
Banned
United States (us) Male

vaalkoth wrote:Is a re-issue coming?
(please)

I doubt it. James has said a few times he didn't save his 1980s material, or doesn't think he did.
The few friends in Pickering, Ontario into the band that copied everything...who knows.
One guy I think who had all the 1980s recordings, I mean all of it, was their photographer/friend Marc Demers, who was at all the early shows too I think, but he died a long time ago.
--
I did finally hear back in the past 2 years from a couple guys, and they said they didn't have the 1984 demos anymore.

I have been asking another tapetrader penpal of mine in the last few years about a one of a kind tape I made for him.
Malhavoc's debut gig I recorded (the all ages matinee gig, not the evening drinking show), with the 1984 demos, maybe with '85 or '87 rehearsal tracks to fill the tape up.

Asked again a couple weeks ago, and he said he only managed to check one or two boxes of old tapes and didn't see it yet, but still has more boxes to search, but doesn't have enough time.
He is busy as a parent, with work, and all of his old tapes from the 1980s were shoved aside and stored in a closet or his garage for 20 years or more.

It is just a matter of waiting, as he is the type to never throw/give/sell off his music collection, so am confident he will find it eventually.
He did send me a box of stuff many years ago to borrow and copy when he finally found some stuff I wanted.
FORUM MOD!
Canada (ca) Male 

Topics Solved: 330

« Return to Speed / Thrash Metal [Requests]