FORUM RULES
------------------
DON'T REQUEST 2010-2019 RELEASES AND ALBUMS STILL AVAILABLE FROM THE BAND OR LABEL.

Always put [REQS] before the topic title!. Try to include as much details as possible - country, release year, format, tracklist, sources/links.
Search the forum / Google before requesting!!.

Black / Death / Doom Metal [Requests] » [REQS] Pentagram (US) - Pentagram (1985) / Day of Reckoning (1987) [Lossless Vinyl Rips]
  • Hello.

I am looking for two releases by Pentagram (USA). These are for the original versions of the albums, not the reissues from Peaceville.

The first one is Pentagram - Pentagram. 1985 release from Dutch East/Pentagram Records. The release was a remixed version of an earlier demo tape. The Peaceville reissues (widely available nowadays) restored the original track listing and mix. This was only released on vinyl.

The second is their second album Day of Reckoning. Issued in 1987 by Napalm Records on cassette and vinyl. The drums (on all tracks except one) were re-recorded for the reissue via Peaceville.

These original versions haven't been released to CD at all.

I'd prefer lossless rips if possible, but am happy if any format can be uploaded.

Thanks!
    Random avatar
    Australia (au) Male

Topics Solved: 3

I doubt there are many original copies for sale these days.I wish I still had the original Day of reckoning, it had a nice photo album cover of inside a mausoleum (i think that is what it was).

You know,
    One friend I used to talk to, bought them in 1985 for $1 each. and was told by the record store people and others that "Pentagram sucked".
    They probably are liars these days saying they "always liked the band", just like when most hated Metallica when Kill Em All or RTL was out, but after Master of Puppets was in the glossy, trendy heavy metal corner store magazines, only THEN it was ok for them to finally like Metallica.

and for some old and newer footage , here !
    Last Days Here is a 2011 American documentary film featuring Pentagram frontman/singer, Bobby Liebling.

• 2 likes this
    FORUM MOD!

Topics Solved: 790

Yeah, I'd agree. The few copies I have seen are well out of my price range. I know there are transfers from vinyl out there so I'd assume the original rips were lossless. There are "new" copies out there but they come from a well known bootlegger (who I won't name), and no matter how much I'd like to hear the original versions I'm not going to have anything to do with those.

I've got no doubt that Pentagram/Death Row influenced bands in their local scene but I agree that a lot of their 'fans' came out of the woodwork in latter days. I wasn't there in 1985, but going on what I've heard/been told I'd tend to agree with you.

I've got "Last Days Here" on DVD. It's well done, quite eye opening in parts. Bobby has come a long way since, and I hope he's still on the right track.
    Random avatar
    Australia (au) Male

I'm looking for the exactly same thing... I've got no luck finding it on net... Until then, we can enjoy it on YT, but I'm audophile, I don't DL music from YT... I've contacted YTer who uploaded this for format upload and let's keep fingers crossed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1Kn2Gdh0zg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adYEdolz12g
    Croatia (hr) MaleYouTube 
    Name: Knez

Topics Solved: 0

I contacted him myself, a while back. The rips he had were only lossy, sadly.
    Random avatar
    Australia (au) Male

LOGIN / REGISTER TO BE ABLE TO COMMENT ON POSTS + VOTE TO SEE HIDDEN LINKS

« Return to Black / Death / Doom Metal [Requests]