FORUM RULES
------------------
DON'T REQUEST 2010-PRESENT RELEASES AND ALBUMS STILL AVAILABLE FROM THE BAND OR LABEL.

Always put [REQS] before the topic title!. Try to include as much details as possible - country, release year, format, tracklist, sources/links.
Search the forum / Google before requesting!!.

Hard Rock / Heavy / Power / Melodic / Progressive Metal [Requests] » [REQS] Glory North (Swe) - National Force (1985) / Demos / Recordings
  • http://glorybellsband.com/glorynorth/bilder/gnlogga.jpg

I am looking for the unreleased album 'National Force' recorded 1985.
    Some of the song-titles I am aware of: "Save My Soul From Rock'n Roll", "Farmers in Arms", "From Genesis to Death" and "Last Song".

There should also be a demo released this year with the following tracklist:

1. Want You, Need You
    2. National Force
    3. 10 000 Fahrenheit
    4. Women Child

Please let me know if you have any rare material with GLORY BELLS/GLORY NORTH.
    More info: http://glorybellsband.com/glorynorth/history.html

Glory North History

Previously, Glory was front man in Stockholm-based "Glory Bells Band", a hard rock band that many have wondered why it never reached further than it did. The band released two albums "Dressed in black" in 1982 and "Century Rendezvous" in 1984. "Glory Bells Band" dissolved in January 1985 due to too many problems with their record company.

Glory had the "Glory Bells" record contract and he was legally bound to it for several years ahead. That means that he was not able to change record company. The contract said that he must do one more album why Glory started his own hard rock band GLORY NORTH in the beginning of 1985.

Glory had finished five songs even before the band was formed. The material for the whole album was completed in rather short time and all songs was arranged by the whole band together. "Glory North" went into the studio in 1985 and recorded the album. The album "National Force" was finalized late 1985. The music can be seen as powerful heavy rock with emphasis on melody. The intention was that each song should have a profile enough to be released on a single, an ambition one can hardly blame all bands to have.

... so went the record company S.O.S Sound of Scandinavia into "bankruptcy" and was reconstructed during their new name IMP, Independent Music Production. Glory was suspicious and sceptical against, the so-called, new record company but there was nothing he could do about it.

The new record company never succeeded why the "Glory North" album "National Force" was never released. IMP had financial problems and went into bankruptcy 1986 just before that could happen.
    Sweden (se) Male   YouTube  
    Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 1418

I messaged Peter Udd a few years back and he mentioned the albums master tracks were destroyed but that there were demos still around. He mentioned he wanted to release them at one point but I never heard back from him or any more news for a matter of fact.
     Male
    Name: Jeff

Topics Solved: 0

is a compilation?
    Random avatar
    Argentina (ar) Male
    Name: Alexlangenegger

Topics Solved: 0

No unreleased material
    Sweden (se) Male   YouTube  
    Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 1418

« Return to Hard Rock / Heavy / Power / Melodic / Progressive Metal [Requests]