FORUM RULES
------------------
DON'T REQUEST 2010-PRESENT RELEASES AND ALBUMS STILL AVAILABLE FROM THE BAND OR LABEL.

Always put [REQS] before the topic title!. Try to include as much details as possible - country, release year, format, tracklist, sources/links.
Search the forum / Google before requesting!!.

Hard Rock / Heavy / Power / Melodic / Progressive Metal [Requests] » [REQS] Axis (UK-LIV) - Axes [Demo] (1983)
Link/Source: https://www.discogs.com/Axis-Axes/release/13366469
http://nwobhm.com/axis-2/

According to Discogs this is a British band, NWOBHM-archive lists it as unknown though.
[fixed location]
Also, here's my Metal-Archives profile with my collection, if you find some old/rare stuff you need, feel free to contact me.
Bringer of Steel
Germany (de) Male 

Topics Solved: 2

According to Discogs this is a British band, NWOBHM-archive lists it as unknown though.

They list the location of the band as unknown, but that means unknown within Britain.
NWOBHM = New Wave Of British Heavy Metal. ;)

• 1 likes this
Bringer of Steel
United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 92

+1
Their demo would be quite interesting, although I´m sure they´re not as Metal as Discogs makes believe.
Why else would Metal-Archives delete them? (shocked) - FYI: M-A filed them as from Liverpool before deletion.

To my knowledge there are at least 4 relevant british Axis bands:
• Axis [ENG-STT] (1978-1982≥)
• Axis [ENG-2] (1980≤-1980≥)
• Axis [ENG-LIV] (1983-1983≥)
• Axis [ENG-STE] (2002≤-2006≥)
• Axis [GBR] (1982≤-1982≥) - PowerPop
FORUM MOD!
Austria (at) Male

Topics Solved: 923

RunningWild wrote:+1
Their demo would be quite interesting, although I´m sure they´re not as Metal as Discogs makes believe.
Why else would Metal-Archives delete them? (shocked)

Many of the decisions MA makes with regards to which bands qualify for inclusion on their site baffle me, and NWoBHM bands seem to suffer particularly badly from their scattershot approach to categorization.
Relatively lightweight acts like Saracen, Def Leppard & Demon qualify whilst so many other acts from the era are denied. There seems to be no consistency in their approach.

• 1 likes this
Bringer of Steel
United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Well, there are bands that copy the NWOBHM sound but are not from Britain, but I'm way too young to know how common that was back in those days.

As for the MA thing, I don't want to start a discussion about that, different definitions of genres, I suppose.
But it's weird that I can't find a trace that's hinting towards a reason why they got deleted... (which is partly why I'm looking for the demo)
Also, here's my Metal-Archives profile with my collection, if you find some old/rare stuff you need, feel free to contact me.
Bringer of Steel
Germany (de) Male 

PaganiusI wrote:Well, there are bands that copy the NWOBHM sound but are not from Britain, but I'm way too young to know how common that was back in those days.

As for the MA thing, I don't want to start a discussion about that, different definitions of genres, I suppose.
But it's weird that I can't find a trace that's hinting towards a reason why they got deleted... (which is partly why I'm looking for the demo)

You're right of course Paganius1, there were plenty of NWoBHM influenced bands from other countries with a comparible sound, but the point i was making was that nwobhm.com only lists bands from Britain, so the 'location' heading on that site exists there only to identify which town or city the groups hailed from.
Hope someone is able to help with your request, as i'm curious about this demo myself.
(cheers1)
Bringer of Steel
United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Ah, didn't know that! :D
Bringer of Steel
Germany (de) Male 

Random avatar

Topics Solved: 1

Hmm, the song starts & ends well at least, but inbetween it's pretty tame musically, lyrically cliche-ridden & the singer's a bit weak.
From that one song this may be another one to file under 'interesting but probably inessential'.
The search for killer undiscovered NWoBHM continues. As always, more in hope than expectation.

• 1 likes this
Bringer of Steel
United Kingdom (uk) Male 

riptorn wrote:Hmm, the song starts & ends well at least, but inbetween it's pretty tame musically, lyrically cliche-ridden & the singer's a bit weak.
From that one song this may be another one to file under 'interesting but probably inessential'.
The search for killer undiscovered NWoBHM continues. As always, more in hope than expectation.

And what do you think about this unnamed band and about DIAMOND ROX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulNzQXf-uJ8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE1fV2124Gg

• 1 likes this
Random avatar

Konrad Karol wrote:
riptorn wrote:Hmm, the song starts & ends well at least, but inbetween it's pretty tame musically, lyrically cliche-ridden & the singer's a bit weak.

Wow! I really like the track by the nameless band. The song's quite 70s in it's construction, but it's delivered with far more ferocity & speed.
This is right up my street. It just has that 'something special' about it that's hard to define. Any idea who the band is?
The Diamond Rox song is rather good too, perhaps a little more polished than i generally like and the song is quite commercial in style, but the guitarwork is really good and the vocalist has an appealing & versatile voice. Definitely a more professional sounding band than many of their NWoBHM peers, which isn't always a recommendation, but they marry their commercial ambitions with a tougher delivery & walk that tricky tightrope very effectively.
Many thanks for the recommendations Konrad, both were new to me & i'm grateful for the introductions.
(cheers1)

• 1 likes this
Bringer of Steel
United Kingdom (uk) Male 

riptorn wrote:
Konrad Karol wrote:

Wow! I really like the track by the nameless band. The song's quite 70s in it's construction, but it's delivered with far more ferocity & speed.
This is right up my street. It just has that 'something special' about it that's hard to define. Any idea who the band is?
The Diamond Rox song is rather good too, perhaps a little more polished than i generally like and the song is quite commercial in style, but the guitarwork is really good and the vocalist has an appealing & versatile voice. Definitely a more professional sounding band than many of their NWoBHM peers, which isn't always a recommendation, but they marry their commercial ambitions with a tougher delivery & walk that tricky tightrope very effectively.
Many thanks for the recommendations Konrad, both were new to me & i'm grateful for the introductions.
(cheers1)

Unfortunately I have no idea who the band is. I was hoping that someone here would know.
Most bands on NWOBHM/ HARD ROCK- RARE site are unknown to me (DIAMOND ROX, E. L- 34, WIFFER, ME262, OVERDRIVE (Norwitch), RADIO FREE MOSCOW, SUPREME WARRIOR, ROUGH EDGE, AVALON (Chelmsford), STREET TRADER, etc ).

• 1 likes this
Random avatar

Konrad Karol wrote:Unfortunately I have no idea who the band is. I was hoping that someone here would know.

Yet another NWoBHM riddle to be solved. Maybe the assembled Heavy Metal Rarities brain trust will be able to assist, (he said hopefully).
Only time will tell.

• 1 likes this
Bringer of Steel
United Kingdom (uk) Male 

(yes!) (beerbang)
Random avatar

riptorn wrote:
Konrad Karol wrote:

(cheers1)

Hi. I just found out. This "nameless" band was called DEVIL'S CHARIOT. They recorded one demo with 4 songs. The demo was recorded and mixed in one day at Mount Pleasant studio, London EC1 on 9th May 1981.

• 1 likes this
Random avatar

« Return to Hard Rock / Heavy / Power / Melodic / Progressive Metal [Requests]