FORUM RULES
------------------
DON'T REQUEST 2010-PRESENT RELEASES AND ALBUMS STILL AVAILABLE FROM THE BAND OR LABEL.

Always put [REQS] before the topic title!. Try to include as much details as possible - country, release year, format, tracklist, sources/links.
Search the forum / Google before requesting!!.

Hard Rock / Heavy / Power / Melodic / Progressive Metal [Requests] » [REQS] Vaal (Grc) - Demo (1988)
  • http://i.imgur.com/iwJUFEr.jpg

Does anybody know if the above mentioned demo exists?

George Tsibinoudakis, band's frontman and cult figure of the Greek 80's scene because of his various statements in the Greek Heavy Metal magazine, claimed in a recent interview that the only recording Vaal ever made was the 'Necrology' track in the Greece Attacks compilation.

However, I am pretty sure that the band circulated a 3-track demo over the mailorder during 87-88.

Thanks.
    Marshall Island (mh) Male

Topics Solved: 12

I followed the Greek metal zines 1990+ and I remember mentioned there. I don't remember any details, though. Sorry mate.
     Male

Topics Solved: 2

I know that it was mentioned sometimes (but very rare) at the old days but I interviewed George once back in the 90s and I know from him that there is no official demo. Just plans for a huge release that never came...

• 1 likes this

Topics Solved: 0

Yparxei to ALL SOULS MIDNIGHT kai ena fobero live twn VAAL me polla tragoudia apo to 1989. Eimai o Giwrgos Tsimpinoudakis.......(cult figoure.....),Na'ste kala.................

• 1 likes this
    Random avatar
    Greece (gr) Male

HI George!! Thanx for following this post..please reply in English so that everyone can understand and follow the post!
    For the rest of you who do not understand Greek, Mr. George Tsimpinoudakis replied that there is a demo song from that era entitled 'All Souls Midnight' and a fantastic live of Vaal with many songs from 1989. Please George be so kind and share with the forum the hidden treasure of Vaal! Thx in advance!

My friends, i retired from Greek Heavy Metal many years ago. I don't know why, the name of Vaal.....is still alive, but i never wish to be........a status in the Greek Heavy Metal Museum. You can see my last interview at the film "Spitfire" (27-9-2012 Cine Danaos 19.15 pm).
    Forgive me my friends, but for me Vaal is....over. I was one of them, which wrote the first pages of Greek Heavy Metal.....and i am proud for it, but....... I RETIRED and i don't need to give somethng more!!! 20 years of my life for.....nothing, was enough.
    I invite you to drink a Jack Daniels together........and to talk about everything.............but the old bitch doesn't return at the bordelo..... ;)

• 1 likes this
    Random avatar
    Greece (gr) Male

George, you sound a bit disappointed from the Greek metal industry to say the least...That leaves us with 'Necrology' as the only heritage from Vaal unless you decide someday to share the unreleased recordings!

Anyway, will be glad to have a talk and a whiskey at Thursday's preview of the Spitfire documentary!

We don't wish VAAL to be revived.We want simply to hear more tracks than Necrology from 80's.You were disspointed because you didn't achieved the money or the fame you expected.So uploading some tracks you maybe happen to possess in cassetes what's the difference in your career just making a favour to people who want to know more about the old Greek Metal.
    Random avatar
    Greece (gr) Male

In an old copy of Greek Metal Hammer, there is a demo review of the ''Litany to the Devil'' track...anybody heard it??

Line-up of the demo:

George Tsimpinoudakis - Vocals
    Kostas Manopoulos - Guitar
    Periklis Koniaris - Guitar
    Paris Chatziadam - Bass
    Nick Vogiatzis - Drums

http://i.imgur.com/9Kiaee8.jpg

George Tsimpinoudakis finally decided to share an old tune:

Hidden Link

...and a new one as well:

Hidden Link

Fresh news is that the song ''Necrology'' will be re-recorded by past and current members of Spitfire and published in vinyl and cassette format!

• 7 likes this

'Necrology' finally re-recorded, listen here: Hidden Link

http://i.imgur.com/Y4PRVWi.jpg

• 1 likes this

« Return to Hard Rock / Heavy / Power / Melodic / Progressive Metal [Requests]