FORUM RULES
------------------
DON'T REQUEST 2010-PRESENT RELEASES AND ALBUMS STILL AVAILABLE FROM THE BAND OR LABEL.

Always put [REQS] before the topic title!. Try to include as much details as possible - country, release year, format, tracklist, sources/links.
Search the forum / Google before requesting!!.

Hard Rock / Heavy / Power / Melodic / Progressive Metal [Requests] » [REQS] Labyrinth (Can) - Live (2004)
I am looking for this live album from canada's Labyrinth http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/La ... 2004/93664
United States (us) Male 

Topics Solved: 0

I would like to second this request. I've searched hard for it, but haven't found anyone who has it yet. Here is a review I found on the net from Metal Observer -

Labyrinth - Live 2004 (8,5/10) - Canada - 2004

Genre: Heavy Metal
Label: Self-production
Playing time: 61:09
Band homepage: Labyrinth

Tracklist:

Terror
Betrayed
UndeRAGE
Death And Darkness
Roll The Dice
Always Wanted More
Neon Knights
All The Kings Men
Fear
Never Wish Upon Evil
Barren Man
The Traveller

Labyrinth - Live 2004

When mentioning the name LABYRINTH most of you will automatically look towards Italy and look rather puzzled upon a live album. The explanation is pretty simple, as these LABYRINTH hail from Canadian Winterpeg, ehm, Winnipeg and have already been around some years before the Italians, more precisely 1992 with their debut “UndeRAGE”, which had only been released as tape. After that they disappeared for several years and only returned in 2004, when these live recordings were taped.

As you can imagine, LABYRINTH’s sound is not the most modern you could imagine, no, I would rather use the words “classic” and “timeless”, because classical Heavy Metal it is, really good one on top of that, at times the whole thing reminds me of BLACK SABBATH during their Dio years even though they overall are a bit faster than the Brits. And singer Ernst “Ernie” Gruhn, too, has a bit of a Dio, melodic but with a certain roughness that gives the whole thing its own touch and sets him apart from his polished colleagues. “Betrayed” has an irresistible guitar riff that perfectly complements the here quite high vocals, while the title track gears down into the calmer mid-tempo and builds everything up to a powerful chorus.

On “Death And Darkness“ Ernie shows is whole class with a 15 second passages, where he holds a single note , embedded into a very dynamic track, while “Always Wanted More“ deeply breathes the spirit of the 80s. “Neon Knights“ is – surprise – a cover version of BLACK SABBATH, fittingly enough when they had Ronnie James Dio on the mic, very well done, before they unleash the in my opinion best track of LABYRINTH: “All The Kings Men“. Epic, with tremendous power, great dynamics, equally great melodies and outstanding vocals, here the description of “Dio era SABBATH“ fits perfectly! And at the end they make an excellent, intense final exclamation mark with “The Traveller“ noch einen exzellenten intensiven Schlusspunkt.

The sound is not the best, as the drums and partly also vocals stand too strong in the mix, but that by far is not “enough” to overshadow the class of the songs. Without a doubt this band would deserve to be introduced to a wider audience, because they definitely have the quality to keep up with the majority of their genre colleagues and they also work on new material that gives hope for the Canadians being able to make some sort of a breakthrough (also in Europe), so support them! (Online September 16, 2005)
Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 18

« Return to Hard Rock / Heavy / Power / Melodic / Progressive Metal [Requests]