New Releases, Promotion, Reunions, Newcomers etc.
Metal News / Promotion » Mama's Boys (NWOBHM) - Official Bootleg
  • Dyamond Roxx will officially release the 'Official Bootleg' album on CD on 1st January 2020. The release is fully authorised by Pat McManus. More details here: https://www.progaor.com/dyamond-roxx-series
    United Kingdom (uk) Male

Topics Solved: 97

any idea why they don't re-release it as the original 10 song version?
    https://www.discogs.com/Mamas-Boys-Offi ... se/3825663
    Canada (ca) Male 

Topics Solved: 341

canadaspaceman wrote:any idea why they don't re-release it as the original 10 song version?

Given that the release has the backing of Pat McManus, it does seem odd that it is not the original version. With any luck Pat or the label will enlighten us at some point.

• 1 likes this
    United Kingdom (uk) Male

easternthunder wrote:
    canadaspaceman wrote:any idea why they don't re-release it as the original 10 song version?

Given that the release has the backing of Pat McManus, it does seem odd that it is not the original version. With any luck Pat or the label will enlighten us at some point.

That page easternthunder linked to explains that they don't have the two songs omitted from those later pressings. I'm guessing the original mastertape is MIA but that one still exists for the later pressings. See below.

"DYAMOND ROXX/PROGAOR calls out to anyone who can supply digital rips of the two extra songs off the super rare first press "Official Album" and the early 1980-81 singles songs "Rollin on", "Hitch-hike" and "silence is out of fashion".
    It would be much appreciated, your name would be on the thanks list and you would get a CD on your mailbox.
    We (Dyamond Roxx & Janne) obviously spread this call among our most intense collector friends but no one seemed to have these records on their archives. So if you have them and have the possibility to transfer to digital please send us a private message. Thank you!"

• 1 likes this
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 96

I ripped the 'High Energy Weekend / Hitch-Hike' single and sent it to Janne.

Will be included as it seems

R10: MAMA'S BOYS-Official Bootleg Album 1980 - 40th Anniversary Edition CD

OUT MARCH 2020!

Released for the very first time on CD, the 40th anniversary of the MAMA'S BOYS kickstart, will be marked by an european Tour of the Pat McManus Band in March and the release of this collectors edition CD that will include the rare original "Official Album" private press LP on Pussy Records (later the album was renamed "Official Bootleg" and was released twice on vinyl with only 8 of the 10 tracks of the original press), plus the rare 1981 single "High Energy Weekend/Hitch-Hike". Hitch-Hike appears on the very first time on CD too. With rare early photos, band history and liner notes by Pat McManus this is a release not to miss, from the Irish Rock legends.

Digitally Remastered by Janne Stark (Overdrive, Constancia, Grand Design, etc.).

• 2 likes this
    Sweden (se) Male   YouTube  
    Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 1468

Good news! I just received my copy, and the CD contains all ten songs from the original 1st pressing, plus the single Strappado ripped and sent to the label.

• 1 likes this
    United Kingdom (uk) Male

Yeah got my copy today and will give it a listen now.
    Great it came out as good as it did.
    Sweden (se) Male   YouTube  
    Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 1468

Did you listen to the copy and recognized the pops and even skips like from a bad vinyl rip?
    Germany (de) Male

Topics Solved: 8

« Return to Metal News / Promotion