New Releases, Promotion, Reunions, Newcomers etc.
Metal News / Promotion » Heaven and Hell Records to release remastered Lace Dragon CD
  • I can't believe that this is coming out. I personally hounded the band members for a copy of this and every single one of them replied that they don't personally own a single copy of the original cassette. The announcement doesn't mention a source so it might be a remastered dub of the cassette or they might have a better quality source. We will have to wait to find out.

Press Release:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE” Lace Dragon coming up from the depths

Heaven and Hell Records once again digs deep into the American heavy metal underground and pulls up from the depths yet another lost obscurity.

LACE DRAGON was formed during the summer of 1983 in Pasadena, Texas by guitar player Russ Robison, bass player Kevin Penhaker, and drummer Van Eric Turner. The band performed in and around the Houston area for more than a decade developing a large following within the local club scene.

In 1989 LACE DRAGON released a 3-song demo that quickly started making waves. The following year they would self-release their self-titled debut full0legnth. The effort delivered would be 8-tracks of traditional speed metal fury.

This Spring H&H Records will be re-issuing the LACE DRAGON debut fully re-mastered and for the first time ever on CD. All tracks have been re-mastered by Jamie King at The Basement Studios NC. The cover features stunning new artwork by Steve Cobb. Packaged in a multi-page booklet with complete lyrics, never before seen photos and band history bio- all you have come to expect from Heaven and Hell Records. The release wull be limited to 500 copies worldwide.

https://i.imgur.com/xPET8hB.jpg
    https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/L ... ths/755675

My blog: Texas Metal Powerhouse
    Bringer of Steel
    United States (us) Male 

Topics Solved: 5

Sweden (se) Male   YouTube  
    Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 1467

Some more news about Lace Dragon, Russ (guitarist/vocals) was a guest on last week's Sweet Nightmares radio show. It seems that the original members will be getting together to do a reunion show to support the re-release of their album. You can hear the show at the KPFT website. Choose the October 18th show to hear the interview along with 3 hours of great metal.
    kpft.org/programming/music/sweet-nightmares/

My blog: Texas Metal Powerhouse
    Bringer of Steel
    United States (us) Male 

Topics Solved: 5

« Return to Metal News / Promotion