New Releases, Promotion, Reunions, Newcomers etc.
Metal News / Promotion » Matthias Steele - Question of Divinity, Resurrection, Haunting Tales of a Warrior's Past CD Releases
  • MATTHIAS STEELE

QUESTION OF DIVINITY -- new album for 2016
    RESURRECTION -- official CD release!
    HAUNTING TALES OF A WARRIOR'S PAST -- official CD release -- FIRST TIME ON CD!!!

All three CDs now available at http://www.minotaurorecords.com!

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd378/downfromtheglen/HMR%20pic.jpg
    United States (us) Male   YouTube  
    Name: Glenn

Topics Solved: 0

Hello Matthias Steele fans everywhere,

I come to you today as a former member of Matthias Steele. I was the drummer in the band from 1988-1991 and was a part of the writing and recording of Haunting Tales of a Warriors Past.

It is with a touch of regret that I am writing this reply today. You see, as far as I am concerned, this re-release of Haunting is not valid in any way. It came about by me being contacted by a rep from Minotauro Records out of Italy. I passed on the info he needed to get in touch with the bassist who has the masters. After those 3 emails I heard nothing until I saw that Haunting was going to be re-released and that the band signed on.

I initially was excited to hear the news! Then I found out that even though the band signed and was getting ready to re-release Haunting that I had no knowledge or input on the product that you now have the potential to buy.

I therefore recommend you do not waste your money on this CD. First-of-all, it was never re-mastered. I will be the first to acknowledge that this was paramount to providing the best sounding product for you, the person deciding to lay down hard earned money. This release is NOTHING but a dupe from one of the cassettes that came out in 1991. The production leaves MUCH to be desired and I will be the first to admit that to you all. By doing this the band brought no integrity forward to it’s fans.

The liner notes have been hijacked and no longer represent the tone and color of the band as it existed in that time and now is represented by others who had absolutely NOTHING to do with the band at that time.

I do not approve of the way it represents my artistic contributions to the MOST successful period in the bands history. I apologize that it has come to this as I know many people have been waiting for this to hit CD. If you have any questions,bitches, gripes or moans hit me up at jamesjayjordan@gmail.com. I am open to any civilized discussion you may wish to conduct.

I wish you all nothing but the best and many blessings for you and yours!

God bless,
    James Jay Jordan

• 2 likes this
    Random avatar
    United States (us) Male

Very sorry folks, but Mr Jordan seems to have a problem with our legitimate release. Minotauro Records worked closely with Anthony Lionetti on this re-release. It is 100% authorized, completely legitimate, and sourced from the only source available. Anthony Lionetti will be creating an account to chime in on this. Rest assured, this release is legitimate.

• 1 likes this
    United States (us) Male   YouTube  
    Name: Glenn

@downfromtheglen,

Well, after reading your reply I am still trying to find out where in my original post I mentioned that the release was not legitimate. You simply misunderstood that the word I used, "valid," was being used in the context of "the quality of being logically or factually sound; soundness or cogency," versus "the state of being legally or officially binding or acceptable."

I completely understand that the release is a legitimate release. Legitimate by definition, that being a "conforming to the law or to rules." I have met with a team of three Intellectual Properties lawyers to be exact. They have informed me that the band did nothing illegal by giving the label restricted rights to reproduce a certain number of CD's. So, let's put that misconception to bed now shall we!

So, to the fans of Matthias Steele I ask that you please understand that where I am coming from is a position of trying to retain some sort of a crumb of artistic integrity when it comes to HTOAWP. I am simply saying that you are not getting the quality that you deserve for your money! (The 16 channel master tapes still exist. That is what the CD's should have been mastered from.) The files for HTOAWP are available for free on the web in a few places. You can trade and dupe them for free as far as I am concerned and keep the spirit of the old "tape trading" days going forward.

God bless,
    James Jay Jordan

• 1 likes this
    Random avatar
    United States (us) Male

As the person that this seems to ultimately fall on, I've given great thought on this subject over the last couple of months. I have a plan going forward that I hope will satisfy Mr. Jordan and ultimately the fans. This plan will be revealed soon.
    Stay heavy.
    Tony

• 1 likes this
    Random avatar
    United States (us) Male

Hello to all of the "Headbang'in Hordes"
    As the Producer of some of "Matthias Steele's" early releases (1st Tape intitled "Mattias Steele","Haunting Tales of a Warriors Past" and wrote/produced Songs "Innocent Outlaws", "When my dreams cry out" and "Playing God")...Let me start by saying what an unreal "Honor" it has been to work with "Matthias Steele" throughout time...This band is most definitely worthy of recognition in the "World Heavy Metal Machine" That being said I am comming to you today in an attemp to clarify an oversight (misconception) that the first "Matthias Steele" Full Lenth release is somehow labeled as a (demo)...This is as far from the truth as the new 9th planet that there claiming is out there somewhere.
    This release was in actuality the "Debut Album" intitled "Matthias Steele" the origional demo was never released as I have the only copy in existence....
    I just wanted to shed a little light of some apparently little known facts about this release. ..Thanx
    Also I would like to take a second to say thanks to all you who support "Matthias Steele" but to my supporters as well...you have been a pleasure to please. ...I can be seen on Fb at "Peat Brock" or peatz28@yahoo.com if any one cares to connect. "Keep your Heaviest Dreams Alive" Thanx Peat......

• 1 likes this
    United States (us) Male
    Name: Peat Brock

Hello to the members of Matthias Steele!

I have just a question: are you aware of this release and wether is it official or not?

https://www.discogs.com/it/Matthias-Ste ... se/7378557

By the way, I have never seen it around and also information on this german (?) label seem very scarce

• 1 likes this
    Random avatar

Topics Solved: 4

« Return to Metal News / Promotion