New Releases, Promotion, Reunions, Newcomers etc.
Metal News / Promotion » Iron Maiden - New double album to be released on September 4th
  • Iron Maiden - New double album to be released on September 4th

IRON MAIDEN’s eagerly awaited new studio album The Book Of Souls will be released globally on 4th September through Parlophone Records (BMG in the U.S.A.). It was recorded in Paris with their longstanding producer Kevin “Caveman” Shirley in late 2014, with the finishing touches added earlier this year. However, the band decided to delay its release so that vocalist Bruce Dickinson, who was recently given the all-clear from a tumour, would have time to recuperate sufficiently to join in the preparations for the album’s launch.

http://www.ironmaiden.com/new-iron-maid ... souls.html
    United Kingdom (uk) Male

Topics Solved: 97

I hope they will not disappoint us, once again.
    For many many years the MAIDEN albums had so little inspiration.Remnants of their glorious past.
    Songs with endless intros, with no direction, mid paced and boring at the same time.
    Of course they had some strong songs, but IRON MAIDEN were not created to "write some good songs".

• 1 likes this
    Name: Sarissoforos

Topics Solved: 9

I don't even listened to "The Final Frontier" yet... Even "A matter of Life of Death" was boring as hell.
    I think the last great album from Iron Maiden was Fear of the Dark.

But i'm really interested in this project of former iron maiden members recording songs from the very early days of the band, with keyboards and vocalist Paul Day.
    FORUM MOD!
    Brazil (br) Male 
    Name: Mauro

Killtava wrote:I don't even listened to "The Final Frontier" yet... Even "A matter of Life of Death" was boring as hell.
    I think the last great album from Iron Maiden was Fear of the Dark.

But i'm really interested in this project of former iron maiden members recording songs from the very early days of the band, with keyboards and vocalist Paul Day.

I gave "The Final Frontier" a listen, but in the end I couldn't remember a single song.
    The whole album got into my brain from my left ear and then got out of my right ear, leaving everything intact!
    Nothing to remember, nothing to recall.
    I gave another chance, after all these years: to "A matter of Life of Death", boring as Hell as you describe,
    to "Dance Of Death": only "Paschendale" and the "Dance Of Death" stand out, from a whole record over an hour,
    and to "A Brave New World": "Ghost Of The Navigator", "The Mercenary" and "The Nomad" save the LP from being a sleepy disaster.

I also agree that IRON MAIDEN's last great album, although it was unequal, was "Fear of the Dark".
    It had some blase songs like "From Here To Eternity" (FUCK!I hate this shit), "Fear Is The Key", "The Apparition", "Weekend Warrior"(Bliahhh!), but it had some songs of glory, the last ones: "Be Quick Or Be Dead", "Afraid To Shoot Strangers", "Childhood's End", "Wasting Love", "Judas Be My Guide" and "Fear Of The Dark".
    I think we had a discussion, in this Forum about the MAIDEN days with Paul Mario Day, and the conclusion was that nothing was ever recorded with Paul singing the MAIDEN tunes, of that era.

:S
    Name: Sarissoforos

Prince Hector wrote:
    I also agree that IRON MAIDEN's last great album, although it was unequal, was "Fear of the Dark".
    It had some blase songs like "From Here To Eternity" (FUCK!I hate this shit), "Fear Is The Key", "The Apparition", "Weekend Warrior"(Bliahhh!), but it had some songs of glory, the last ones: "Be Quick Or Be Dead", "Afraid To Shoot Strangers", "Childhood's End", "Wasting Love", "Judas Be My Guide" and "Fear Of The Dark".
    I think we had a discussion, in this Forum about the MAIDEN days with Paul Mario Day, and the conclusion was that nothing was ever recorded with Paul singing the MAIDEN tunes, of that era.

:S

I can't say much about Fear of the Dark... It was the first (heavy) metal album I listened to. Without this album, I would not be here today. :D

Or perhaps I can say a lot about it? hehe.

Anyway, I love almost every song from the album, and I strongly disagree weith your commentary from "From Here To Eternity". For me, it's one of the best maiden solos ever. The only songs I never got into are The Apparation and Childhood's end.
    FORUM MOD!
    Brazil (br) Male 
    Name: Mauro

I gotta say... yeesh. And a DOUBLE at that, with really, really LOOOOOOONG songs.

Produced by Kevin Shirley.... :zzz

I would really like to see them come out with a MONSTER ALBUM! But I'd be surprised if they come up with 1 CDs worth of good material.
    Random avatar
    United States (us) Male

Topics Solved: 0

m5570 wrote:Produced by Kevin Shirley.... :zzz

I agree with you. The production of this man is bad.

I hope the "magician" Martin Birch to come back. Just remember the sound of "Somewhere in time" back at the year 1986 !!!!
    Greece (gr) Male  
    Name: Andreas

Topics Solved: 28

I think the new Maiden is incredibly well done. I was really happy when Bruce came back and "Brave New World" was released. It was a good album and a nice return to form. "Dance Of Death" and "A Matter Of Life And Death" were incredibly boring. They were basically Iron Maiden attempting prog rock. I like my Maiden to sound like Maiden, not Jethro Tull. I was really turned off when I bought the "A Matter Of Life and Death" CD/DVD issue and watched the making of the album. Adrian Smith said that the band was showing their influences, which were basically early prog-rock bands. I don't understand. The prog-rock bands were their influence early on, but it didn't stop the band from creating masterpieces like, "Piece Of Mind" and the others. The first album had prog-rock influences, but did not attempt to mimic those influences.

I really liked "The Final Frontier." It wasn't perfect, but was going in the right direction after the two boring albums. The new two-disc release really blew me away. It's well-written and well-paced. It also has influences from so many of the band's great albums that came before it.
    United States (us) Male

Topics Solved: 14

Yes VardisRules, All Maiden albums are nice!
    But the negative point is the sound production from Brave New world and later.
    It "destroys" the whole work unfortunally.
    Thats why most of the people dont like their new albums.
    With a clear and more heavy production, those last albums will be MASSIVE!

Just i dont get this, you have 3 Guitarists and they sound like one Guitar! With 3 Guitars you must "crawl the Devil with a chain" in the sound! haha

Iron Maiden is one of my favorite bands ever! It was a special band and it is a special band!
    Greece (gr) Male  

Also someone must get in touch with 'Arry about this! Hes also involved in the sound engineering.
    Greece (gr) Male  

Also i have uploaded the new 2015 remastered editions of iTunes (Apple) of all the albums and some compilations on my blog. With this new remastering (only in mp3 format) some albums have better listening!
    Greece (gr) Male  

« Return to Metal News / Promotion