New Releases, Promotion, Reunions, Newcomers etc.
Metal News / Promotion » Vardis (NWOBHM) - news thread - reissues to be released in September and October 2017
Vardis to record new live album in December 2014

HOPLITE RECORDS HAVE CONFIRMED that Vardis will be recording a follow up to their classic 1981 hit album “100mph”. The new "live album" will be recorded at the Unity Works, Unity Hall, Wakefield, UK, on Saturday 13th December 2014 and will be out in 2015 on all formats including CD & iTunes.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1511330425820047/#
United Kingdom (uk) Male

Topics Solved: 97

Obviously, I'm excited.
United States (us) Male

Topics Solved: 14

VardisRules wrote:Obviously, I'm excited.

I cannot understand why ... (hmm) (muha)
Name: Sarissoforos

Topics Solved: 9

Vardis (NWOBHM) to release new EP in July 2015

Vardis will release '200 M.P.H.' EP in July 2015. It will be available as a digital download, CD and limited edition 12" vinyl.

http://www.vardisrocks.com/news/?id=18

To celebrate the release, Vardis will play a gig with Diamond Head at London's Bush Hall on July 18.

http://www.bushhallmusic.co.uk/whats-on ... bush-hall/

• 1 likes this
United Kingdom (uk) Male

Vardis (NWOBHM) sign to SPV/Steamhammer

NWOHM veterans Vardis has signed to SPV/Steamhammer and will release a new album - 'Red Eyem' - in 2016.

http://bravewords.com/news/nwobhm-legen ... teamhammer

• 1 likes this
United Kingdom (uk) Male

Vardis (NWOBHM) bassist Terry Horbury (R.I.P.)

Terrence Albert Horbury
B. Newark-on-Trent, England
06/02/1950 - 15/12/2015

We are saddened to announce the tragic loss of Terry Horbury, who passed away peacefully yesterday in Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, aged 65, after a short battle with cancer.

Many of his generation had their lives changed by music in the 1960s, but Terry’s first Cream gig in ’67 started him down a path which encompassed 50 years and 60 bands, including Dirty Tricks, Winner, McKitty, Ozzy Osbourne, Strategy, K.M.T., Paddy Goes To Holyhead, Outskirts of Infinity and Cream Revival Band among many others. He brought joy to so many people through his musical talent and lifelong dedication to his craft.

Family, friends and all who knew him will remember Terry as a man who was honest, loyal and a true gentleman - a genuine friend and friend of the Earth.

Rock on Terry... you will always be with us.

Steve & Joe... Vardis.

Terry was a gifted musician and an exceptional man, whose talent for bass guitar ran deep throughout a 50 year musical career. His genuinely gentle, honest demeanour was obvious to all who met him, and his imaginative ideas and creative instinct were second to none. Terry had no ego and was always a man of truth, peace, kindness and integrity, with no other agenda but to care for nature, animals and play music.

It has been my privilege to work and perform with Terry many times over the years, recording 2 albums and 2 EPs with him. Terry was a truly great person - a gentleman, wit and artist who was musically at the top of his game this past year. His physical presence at his last public performance at Bush Hall less than five months ago was a sight to behold, making the speed with which he was taken from us all the more shocking.

Terry was without doubt the bravest man I have ever met and a true Rock Warrior.

He asked me to send you all this message:

"MY ROAR WAS LONG & LOUD"

Love you forever Terry,

Steve Zodiac

http://www.vardisrocks.com/news/?id=40
United Kingdom (uk) Male

Very sad. Damn cancer again...
FORUM MOD!
Canada (ca) Male YouTube 
Name: Tachi Ikoma

Topics Solved: 16

VARDIS (NWOBHM) Introduce New Bassist MARTIN CONNOLLY

We are very lucky to be able to welcome Martin Connolly to the band. Despite knowing Vardis would continue, after losing Terry so suddenly it took some time before we could consider playing with another bassist. By the time we were ready, the job required someone with the musicianship and experience not only to maintain the power of our live shows but to form a tight chemistry quickly. Martin has been in the business for 40 years, playing bass for Rick Wakeman and Paul Fox, releasing two albums with hard rockers ‘Scarlet’, performing on Nicko McBrain’s ‘Rhythms of the Beast’ and as The Entire Population of Hackney with Iron Maiden, FM and the rest of Marshall Fury. After just one rehearsal we knew we wouldn’t need to see anyone else, Martin is a top bassist and has brought a new dimension and fresh energy to Vardis as we rebuild to get the show back on the road this year. Thank you all for your support and patience, we are proud to rock on with you in tribute to a man whose life was music.

"It was a privilege to be asked to join Vardis and take over from such a talented player. Terry and I weren’t close friends but our paths crossed many times over the years - I bought my Fender Precision from him in 1984. Our styles are very different, so I’m grateful to Steve and Joe for giving me the freedom to put my own mark on the music. Rehearsals have been a blast, but we’re itching to get out there and make some noise!"

- Martin

http://www.vardisrocks.com/news/?id=46
United Kingdom (uk) Male

Vardis (NWOBHM) reissues to be released in September and October 2017

NWOBHM stalwarts Vardis will reissue the albums '100MPH', 'The World's Insane' and 'Quo Vardis' in September and October of this year. Vinyl editions will be released on 20th October, while the CD editions will be released on 22nd September. The CD editions will apparently contain exclusive bonus tracks, but no bonuses are listed on the pre-order links...

http://www.vardisrocks.com/news/?id=135

• 1 likes this
United Kingdom (uk) Male

What does that link say? Does it say vardisrocks...no really vardisrules! (hehe)

They probably realized that vardisrules was already taken. (=P)

Anyway, the band said that the CDs would be remastered to sound the way they ought to sound. They said it was about time after some unofficial releases. I always shutter at the word "remastered" because it has come to mean over-compressed. I bought the Krescendo versions and will just be happy to keep them, no matter what bonus tracks are included on the remasters. The remastered versions will be in digipak format, which I absolutely hate. First off, the cardboard gets dinged and beat-up very easily. I usually put my disc in a separate slip case and the disc artwork in a plastic sleeve. That way I just take the cd when I travel and leave the artwork at home. Also, I have bought digipaks with plastic trays that were already cracked or broken. With a standard jewel case, you can just replace the case. It's not that easy when the broken, plastic tray is attached to the cardboard frame of the digipak artwork. Sorry, can you tell that I am a bit tired of all these nwobhm reissues coming in digipak format. The reissues of the early Samson, the self-titled Cloven Hoof, as well as a number of others have appeared on Dissonance Records as digipaks. Digipaks from other labels include the box sets for both Tokyo Blade and the Nicky Moore Samson albums.

• 1 likes this
United States (us) Male

Topics Solved: 14

Review and full tracklisting of the three 2017 expanded reissues can be found here: http://planetmosh.com/vardis-first-thre ... remasters/
United Kingdom (uk) Male

« Return to Metal News / Promotion