New Releases, Promotion, Reunions, Newcomers etc.
Metal News / Promotion » Taipan are back!
  • https://i.imgur.com/iIhVfek.png
    Aussie heavy rockers Taipan are back with their second release under Killer Metal Records.
    After the release of Snakes, the new offering is entitled Metal Machine.
    They also hoep to release their back catalogue, with re releases of the original Ep Break out and 1770 both with bonus tracks......Oz Metal rocks!
    Random avatar
    Australia (au) Male
    Name: David Zerafa

Topics Solved: 0

Best wishes for great success with the new album guys.
    I loved the first EP back in the day, and got back into it again a few years back after i finally got to hear the similarly inspired "1770".
    Must check out your new material.
    Please keep us posted on any reissue developments too, i'll look forward to owning those.
    (great)
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 93

I found their (1981) Breakout EP (4 songs) among my downloads today,
    and according to this, it was re-released with 2 demo tracks, yet no info who did it.
    the band?

• 1 likes this
    FORUM MOD!
    Canada (ca) Male 

Topics Solved: 327

canadaspaceman wrote:I found their (1981) Breakout EP (4 songs) among my downloads today,
    and according to this, it was re-released with 2 demo tracks, yet no info who did it.
    the band?

A few posts on their Facebook page circa 2011 suggest that the band indeed reissued it (along with their later '1770' EP) themselves.
    Random avatar
    Australia (au) Male

Topics Solved: 2

Thanks, I checked and the lack of info, lack of photos of the re-release, etc, still makes me wonder if this exists.

A person usually has to log into facebook to look at a profile / band page, and if it was in 2011, that probably means I would have to waste over an hour scrolling backwards and searching for the posts, hopefully not missing it.

This time, it took minutes as Taipan barely posted anything.

Why isn't the band's discography listed in their "About" section on facebook?,
    Just checked 2011 fb posts by them https://www.facebook.com/pg/Taipan-2062 ... e_internal
    and found a link for -
    May 20, 2011 ·
    Posted a new photo: "Breakout limited edition cd cover" http://www.reverbnation.com/c./poni/41339948

It says "
    "Taipans Catalogue is available at Heartland 420 victoria st Nth Melbourne. Realm of Kaos 154 Peel st Melb. Readings Lygon st Carlton".

Again, no picture of the actual disc, if it was a CD-R, or a CD, no track details, or how many were pressed, etc.
    No internet ordering link.
    No info if Heartland does mail order.

It isn't listed on https://www.discogs.com/artist/2068317-Taipan-5.
    it seems like it was more of a fan-club offering.
    FORUM MOD!
    Canada (ca) Male 

Topics Solved: 327

According to a japanese distro whom I contacted a few weeks ago, they are official silver printed cds and this distro had them in catalogue a few years ago. I wrote to the band but I never got any reply.

• 1 likes this
    Random avatar

Topics Solved: 4

canadaspaceman wrote:I found their (1981) Breakout EP (4 songs) among my downloads today,
    the band?

Before I lost all but a small portion of my collection I had the re-release you linked to so it does exist. I don't know if it was on a label or how many copies were made but I believe it was a very limited run. I picked it up off a mate of a mate who knew the band and he claimed he got it straight from them. I've no reason to doubt his word given that he got me everything Taipan recorded over the years and we saw the band heaps of times.

Taipan also released another full length in 2018 which I believe was also an independent release, it wasn't as good as their earlier stuff but it was still pretty good. Ordering Taipan stuff is still not easy as I believe the addresses you posted above are no longer handling their stuff, at least that's the answer I got last year when looking for the new album.

Great to see they are still releasing material after all these years. Saw them quite a few times back in the day with Bengal Tigers, Goliath, Blackhawk (Titan), Almost Human etc...Ahhh the good old days!

• 1 likes this
    Australia (au) Male
    Name: Kenny T

Topics Solved: 3

Bengal Tigers! Now there's a band I haven't heard in a long time!!

• 1 likes this

« Return to Metal News / Promotion