Recommendations, Records, Collections, etc.
General Metal Discussions » Metal Church... Live ! [Discussion]
Hi, new to the forum. I remember seeing david wayne with reverend opening for annihilator. What a frontman
Random avatar
 Male
Name: Fabrice Dray

Topics Solved: 0

witchcross wrote: To hear Mike Howe live with the 'church, much better is the Dynamo Classic Concerts DVD - a MUST-SEE for metalheads!!!! I love David Wayne, but I love the Mike Howe period as well - he's got a great voice!

I totally support your opinion, the Dynamo DVD is great, the sound is authentic (That is to say, it is not polished in a studio afterwards, so perfectionist be warned of minor mistakes, buzzing etc, the Human Factor shows in the truest sense of the word!).
What couldn't be reproduced adequately was the firework while the song "Metal Church". It was launched behind the stage flew over it and then dived down toward the audience, never saw a more impressing firework in my life, it was kind of a 3D-Experience.
One should remember, that the show took place in a time, when everybody told ya: "Metal is dead,Grunge is the new thing" well, we now know, what stood the test of time.
Germany (de) MaleYouTube 
Name: Martin

Topics Solved: 8

Anything with David Wayne singing is great. I especially love the "Reverend" ep he put out with the guys from "Heretic" (which was Mike Howe's former band).
Random avatar
 Male

there are 2 live albums.one was put out by the record company that the band didnt know about and didnt like it when they found out so they went ahead and released one themselves.

I used to own a Metal Church live tape from 1984 , the show was either in Portland or Seattle.
40 minutes.
The set list was everything from the first Lp from what I remember, and blew me away for the heavy duty power and great songs.

Haven't seen it shared yet anywhere on the internet.
FORUM MOD!
Canada (ca) Male 

Topics Solved: 327

witchcross wrote:
mevistox5 wrote:Take a look on page 5 regarding music video's section Metal discussions. Scroll down to a post of mine on june 13th for some live footage 1983

Nico

A word about this Metal Church live footage - I've been trading bootleg dvds for a long time - and I see this same DVD on many traders' lists - sometimes with date 1986, sometimes 1984 or 1983 - but I think the real date is 12-20-1986, it's at the Seattle Center Arena, opening for Metallica.

Either way, it rocks (metal1)

I was at that show and would love to revisit it.
United States (us) Male

mevistox5 wrote:Take a look on page 5 regarding music video's section Metal discussions. Scroll down to a post of mine on june 13th for some live footage 1983

Nico

Strappado wrote:Here is a directlink to the videos mevistox5 mentioned:
viewtopic.php?p=6888#p6888

That looks like the Northwest Metalfest video / bootleg DVD footage.
FORUM MOD!
Canada (ca) Male 

Topics Solved: 327

KilledByDeath wrote:there are 2 live albums.one was put out by the record company that the band didnt know about and didnt like it when they found out so they went ahead and released one themselves.

I don't know if that is true. I thought they decided to release the "official" live album when they reformed in 1998, just before masterpiece was released (1999), something about they found a bunch of live recordings.
Random avatar
Canada (ca) Male

Topics Solved: 1

Anyone still like Metal Church and their current direction?
I like Mike Howe but I don't think he's as good now as he was during his first stint as singer. I also don't think Kurdt is really driving the band in the same direction as they once were. In the 80's and 90's Metal Church were a powerhouse of a band but in the last 10 years or so it's almost like they aren't trying. Even on stage when they play the old classics the song seem to lack balls.

« Return to General Metal Discussions