Recommendations, Records, Collections, etc.
General Metal Discussions » Metallic Attack radio show : the most popular bands...
malinku wrote:KFAI 90.3 FM Minneapolis/ 106.7 FM St. Paul, MN and live streaming at KFAI.org - Root Of All Evil

5 hours a week every Saturday night / Sunday morning from 1-6am
Show started in the spring of 1987 and is still on the air.

The Root of All Evil show. RIP Earl!
Random avatar
United States (us) Male

Topics Solved: 0

The Metal Slaughter on WAIF fm & WKIL fm were both great stations from around 1986-88 that always featured such greats as... Destruction,Nasty Savage,Venom,Voi Vod,Tankard,Exumer,Bathory,Agent Steel,Sodom,Artillery,and tons of other great speed/thrash/power metal lps,eps,comps ect. These shows/braodcast took place in the Cinci/Ohio/Northern Ky area.
Random avatar

I remember a metal show aired in Germany for the British troops stationed there which if I remember correctly was aired on monday night.
The station was called BFBS (British Forces Broadcastng Services) and the show was called simply the HM show, it was hosted by Tony Jasper, still have some episodes on tape
Netherlands (nl) Male
Name: Rob

In Scotland throughout the 80s and 90s we had 'The Friday Night Rock Show' on Radio Clyde.
It started straight after Tommy Vance's BBC Radio One 'Friday Rock Show' finished at midnight on Friday, & ran 'til 2 or 3am on Saturday morning.
http://www.glasband80.co.uk/new_site/Tom_Russell/IMAG020.JPG
Hosted by Tom Russell, they'd play a wide variety of Hard Rock & Metal with occasional studio sessions.
The best thing about it was that they'd often broadcast live shows (most recorded at Glasgow's legendary Apollo Theatre) by some of the big names of the day. (Dio, Kiss, Whitesnake etc etc)
Usually there would be an in depth exclusive interview with whatever big band was in town that week too.
The show ran for an incredible 25 years until Tom moved to Rock Radio in 2006.
As well as DJ-ing, Russell was one of the organisers and compere at the legendary annual free Kelvingrove Festivals which were sponsored & broadcast by Radio Clyde. Over the years i saw some great bands at those, Chasar, Trident, Glasgow, Big George & The Business and Abel Ganz to name but a few.
There's a very informative & funny interview with the great man here:
http://www.glasband80.co.uk/new_site/Tom_Russell.html

• 1 likes this
Bringer of Steel
United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 149

Sweet Nightmares on KPFT in Houston Texas was the best source of new metal. I have a few shows on tape that I will upload later. The best part about the station is that it is still on! You can follow them on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/nightmareskpft

My blog: Texas Metal Powerhouse
Bringer of Steel
United States (us) Male 

Topics Solved: 6

Here is something I recorded from WMSC (Collage Station) in upstate NJ back in 85 one of the best stations at the time,this was "The Witching Hour" was taped around the time the World War 3 festival was going to happen because the dj mentions going to it.This is at the height of the Thrash Metal scene I wish I would of taped more but this brings back killer memories, http://vimeo.com/71161183

• 1 likes this

Topics Solved: 1

I uploaded a Sweet Nightmares show from 1988... http://heavymetalrarities.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=163&t=19819

• 2 likes this

My blog: Texas Metal Powerhouse
Bringer of Steel
United States (us) Male 

Topics Solved: 6

When I find time I'll upload some old raadio shows.....I have some older Sonic Insanity's ripped already, and I can rip an old Metallic Overdrive show as wll.

• 1 likes this
United States (us) Male
Name: Mikael Vaalkoth

Topics Solved: 7

Back in the 80s, I remember listening to WQSU radio, which was a college station out of Susquehanna University. Also, in the New York and New Jersey area there was WSOU, which was Seton Hall University's Pirate Radio station. It was called "pirate" radio, because the school's mascot is a pirate. Every metal head on the East coast remembers WSOU. They may even still have a metal show. Of course, I was on metal radio as a DJ at Muhlenberg College in Allentown, Pa. under the pseudo name "the duke" from 1992 to 1995.
United States (us) Male

Topics Solved: 15

I'd like to add my old metal radio program that ran 11 long years.

Indiana:
WNDY 106.3 FM Crawfordsville, IN – Metal Madhouse: Broadcast out of Wabash College from 1984 to 1995. Hosted by J "Aceman" Richter every Friday night from 6pm to 1am. Some mainstream hard rock but primarily indie thrash metal/crossover.

• 1 likes this
United States (us) Male
Name: J

LOGIN / REGISTER TO BE ABLE TO COMMENT ON POSTS + VOTE TO SEE HIDDEN LINKS

« Return to General Metal Discussions