Recommendations, Records, Collections, etc.
General Metal Discussions » JAGUAR (UK) [Discussion] (NWOBHM)
  • 2
  • So guys, what do you think about Jaguar? They are one of my favorite NWOBHM bands, their 1983. full-lenght Power Games is surely one of the classic releases in the genre. Sooooo, what is your opinion?
    User avatar
     
    Status:Offline
    Rank: Chasing the Storm
    Posts: 43

    Reputation: 24
    Topics Solved: 0

    That album is incredible. They are very good live too. The vocalist is insane! Try to catch them at HOA if you can.
    User avatar
    Status:Offline
    Rank: Chasing the Storm
    Location: Vargr Moon
    Posts: 33

    Reputation: 4
    Topics Solved: 0


    Indeed, great album !
    Did a review on that album a few years ago.
    Check it out :

    It sais 'gargantouas' on top but that was the guy uploading my reviews for me on that website.
    Not that good at all that internet stuff myself... hehehehe.... (beer1)

    http://www.bleeding.de/index.php?show=special&id=48
    _________________________
    Best album ever made : Pyramaze: Melancholy Beast.
    User avatar
    Status:Offline
    Rank: Enchanter
    Location: Belgium
    Posts: 236

    Reputation: 38
    Topics Solved: 0


    shadowman wrote:Indeed, great album !
    Did a review on that album a few years ago.
    Check it out :

    It sais 'gargantouas' on top but that was the guy uploading my reviews for me on that website.
    Not that good at all that internet stuff myself... hehehehe.... (beer1)

    http://www.bleeding.de/index.php?show=special&id=48


    Nice review, but, in my opinion, Run Ragged is also their big album and I listen to it a lot, I have an eargasm everytime I hear 'As The Crow Flies' (vking1)
    User avatar
     
    Status:Offline
    Rank: Chasing the Storm
    Posts: 43

    Reputation: 24
    Topics Solved: 0


    I'm a huge fan of Power Games since I first heard the vinyl back in the 80s. Raw, fast, powerful, I still love it today! Run Ragged was also very cool too - back to the traditional style with raw fast riffs, great stuff!
    _________________________
    Rock'n'roll is far too slow, and so the adrenaline does not flow
    Where is the power?, where is the glory? - Heavy Metal is my story
    I've got Heavy Metal Music in my blood - and I'd like to get it to you if I could
    User avatar
    Bringer of Steel
    Status:Offline
    Rank: Bringer of Steel
    Location: The Metal Church
    Posts: 760

    Reputation: 10335
    Topics Solved: 18


    To be honest, I've only heard Power Games, and it's a unique album. How are the other releases?, I've read tons of times that This Time is awful, but what about the newest releases???
    User avatar
    Chile (cl) Male
    Status:Offline
    Rank: Armed For Battle
    Location: Chile
    Posts: 21

    Reputation: 1
    Topics Solved: 0


    Chafe wrote:To be honest, I've only heard Power Games, and it's a unique album. How are the other releases?, I've read tons of times that This Time is awful, but what about the newest releases???


    Well, Power Games is great release, and after that, only Run Ragged is worth to be called awesome album, you can download it here: http://nwobhmstuff.blogspot.com/2009/03 ... -2003.html
    User avatar
     
    Status:Offline
    Rank: Chasing the Storm
    Posts: 43

    Reputation: 24
    Topics Solved: 0


    Power Games is one of the best Nwobhm album of all time!
    _________________________
    Heavy Metal Is The Law
    User avatar
    Status:Offline
    Rank: Fear My Way
    Posts: 89

    Reputation: 258
    Topics Solved: 0


    Dagnir wrote:Well, Power Games is great release, and after that, only Run Ragged is worth to be called awesome album, you can download it here: http://nwobhmstuff.blogspot.com/2009/03 ... -2003.html

    Gonna give it a listen to it. What's the password for it?

    cinghiamattanza wrote:Power Games is one of the best Nwobhm album of all time!

    Indeed it is!!
    User avatar
    Chile (cl) Male
    Status:Offline
    Rank: Armed For Battle
    Location: Chile
    Posts: 21

    Reputation: 1
    Topics Solved: 0


    Dagnir wrote:
    Chafe wrote:To be honest, I've only heard Power Games, and it's a unique album. How are the other releases?, I've read tons of times that This Time is awful, but what about the newest releases???


    Well, Power Games is great release, and after that, only Run Ragged is worth to be called awesome album, you can download it here: http://nwobhmstuff.blogspot.com/2009/03 ... -2003.html



    Can I have the password too please ?
    _________________________
    Best album ever made : Pyramaze: Melancholy Beast.
    User avatar
    Status:Offline
    Rank: Enchanter
    Location: Belgium
    Posts: 236

    Reputation: 38
    Topics Solved: 0


    shadowman wrote:
    Dagnir wrote:
    Chafe wrote:To be honest, I've only heard Power Games, and it's a unique album. How are the other releases?, I've read tons of times that This Time is awful, but what about the newest releases???


    Well, Power Games is great release, and after that, only Run Ragged is worth to be called awesome album, you can download it here: http://nwobhmstuff.blogspot.com/2009/03 ... -2003.html



    Can I have the password too please ?


    Sorry about that guys, I didn't know you need a password (no)
    But here you go, another link for the album https://rs437l33.rapidshare.com/#!downl ... 699968D4E1
    this one should work just fine, enjoy.
    User avatar
     
    Status:Offline
    Rank: Chasing the Storm
    Posts: 43

    Reputation: 24
    Topics Solved: 0


    Yes this is a cool album, but I like it better the next This Time it more melodic!
    _________________________
    HM Clásico

    My Wantlist (help me if you want)))
    Random avatar
    Russia (ru) Male
    Status:Offline
    Name: Denis
    Rank: Chasing the Storm
    Location: Tula (Tula region)
    Posts: 35

    Reputation: 1898
    Topics Solved: 0


    cinghiamattanza wrote:Power Games is one of the best Nwobhm album of all time!

    Couldn't agree more! I never was a fan of their other releases though.
    User avatar
    United States (us) Male 
    Status:Offline
    Name: Andy
    Rank: Stronger Than Evil
    Posts: 128

    Reputation: 187
    Topics Solved: 0


    Well, the password was, surprise surprise, www.thrashmageddon.com

    Anyway, I'm listening to the album now and it's really good!, surprised me in a good way.
    User avatar
    Chile (cl) Male
    Status:Offline
    Rank: Armed For Battle
    Location: Chile
    Posts: 21

    Reputation: 1
    Topics Solved: 0


    haha, it's always thrashmageddon! they are everywheeeere!
    _________________________
    Wantlist: Physical / Digital
    User avatar
    Administrator
    Sweden (se) Male   YouTube  
    Status:Offline
    Name: Emil
    Rank: Administrator
    Location: Gotham City
    Posts: 9976

    Reputation: 298852
    Topics Solved: 1420


    Strappado wrote:haha, it's always thrashmageddon! they are everywheeeere!

    You ain't kidding! I can't tell you how many of their little "gems" I've run across! That little "key" opens a lot of doors!
    User avatar
    United States (us) Male 
    Status:Offline
    Name: Andy
    Rank: Stronger Than Evil
    Posts: 128

    Reputation: 187
    Topics Solved: 0


    Without them and the likes of Sweet Savage, we would probably have no Metallica.
    Random avatar
    Status:Offline
    Rank: Trespasser
    Posts: 5

    Reputation: 2
    Topics Solved: 0


    AnSchi666 wrote:Without them and the likes of Sweet Savage, we would probably have no Metallica.

    I'd add Savage and Raven to that list as well as Diamond Head and Blitzkrieg!
    User avatar
    United States (us) Male 
    Status:Offline
    Name: Andy
    Rank: Stronger Than Evil
    Posts: 128

    Reputation: 187
    Topics Solved: 0


    great band for sure,any news on next album?
    Random avatar
    Status:Offline
    Rank: Armed For Battle
    Posts: 23

    Reputation: 305
    Topics Solved: 0


    I listen to Power Games only one year ago but I became a real fan since that day. too bad they did not meet more success.
    User avatar
    Status:Offline
    Rank: Armed For Battle
    Posts: 13

    Reputation: 20
    Topics Solved: 0


    « Return to General Metal Discussions



    Related Topics  Author   Replies   Views 
    related Sweet Savage (UK) - Regeneration [Album Discussion] (NWOBHM)

    urrah

    1

    932

    related Martin Popoff's NWOBHM Book SMOKIN’ VALVES: A Headbanger’s Guide to 900 NWOBHM Records

    ksp

    0

    432

    related MERLIN (GER) [Discussion]

    Dagnir

    25

    2105

    related BALROG (Hrv) [Promotion/Discussion]

    Dagnir

    10

    1304

    related STONE DEMONS (MEX) [Discussion]

    metalmaster

    0

    608

    related BIRROR Promotion/discussion

    motoneta

    5

    914

    related J.J. Merciless' Wicked Witch (US) [Discussion]

    Strappado

    14

    1391


    « Previous topic | Next topic »

    Who is online
    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest