Recommendations, Records, Collections, etc.
General Metal Discussions » Metal Shop Rocks Radio calling it quits.
I'm beyond bummed that one of my favorite streaming radio stations is ending it's run. It was a shot of nostalgia for me. Listening to the Metal Shop playlist was like being back in the 80's laying in bed with my tape deck making mixtapes to share with friends. If you're in the US or Canada, you have a little bit longer to get in your last fix.

From the website:
(5/31/19) End of the Road for METAL SHOP. We were forced to transfer to a new streaming host yesterday. With this change, the station is no longer available worldwide… only the U.S. and Canada, but will shutdown everywhere over the next few days. Record labels don’t sell much music anymore and get more of their revenue from streaming (Spotify, Apple Music, etc.). As a result, the cost to operate a small Internet radio station is no longer sustainable. I am bummed and sorry this is coming to an abrupt end, but thank you for listening. Over 15 years is a mighty long time and I feel really fortunate to have had the opportunity to program this station. I wish you all the best and long live kick ass 80’s metal \m/ -Rich Rock

Long Live METAL SHOP!

My blog: Texas Metal Powerhouse
Bringer of Steel
United States (us) Male 

Topics Solved: 5

« Return to General Metal Discussions