Recommendations, Records, Collections, etc.
General Metal Discussions » Bands on Spotify/ let's stream to support!
Are there any old school bands you've found on Spotify? Share so we can stream & show some love. If it's ok, I also would like to make this topic a masterlist of bands on Spotify, just so we can discover bands we don't know or listen to their remastered songs etc. So feel free to add the ones you've seen on there.

important note: spotify seems to merge unknown bands together if they have same names, no matter their genre. For example you can search for Ninja and the results will show a rapper with the same name, so keep that in mind. I tried to link the albums of the bands that have this issue, marked them with *.

List (contributions will be added):

Armada (MAL) *
Axewitch (SWE)
Battle Bratt (US)
Betrayer (NOR) /Thrash
Bitches Sin (UK)
Cast Iron (FIN)
Dark Star (UK)
Force Majeure (FIN) /Power
H&M (UK) *
Hexx (US)
Hospital of Death [H.O.D] (UK)
Mata Hari (US) *
Ninja (GER) *
Shadow (UK) ft Mike McCready (US) *
Snowblind (UK) *
Steve Crowther Band (UK)
Synapse (US) *
The Rage (US) *
Tomas Bergsten's Fantasy (SWE)
Tytan (UK) *

I'll add more when I have time.
Name: Ash

Topics Solved: 10

Looks like an interesting idea/project, but i don't use spotify so am unable to assist.
Bringer of Steel
United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 92

riptorn wrote:Looks like an interesting idea/project, but i don't use spotify so am unable to assist.

Thanks Riptorn, bands earn money through spotify so I wanted to do one for easy access. Many remastered and exclusive tracks can also be found there. Let me know if you ever decide to use it, it's a great app imo.
Name: Ash

Topics Solved: 10

There were articles I read years ago, how streaming services don't pay as much as they want us to believe.
Bands were pulling out as they were only getting pennies for thousands, or millions, of downloads?
They found they made a lot more money selling digital files on their own websites.

I tried Spotify a couple years ago, but it didn't work (I use Windows 7).
(I pay the cheapest rate to get the largest amount of downloads every month, but not for not speed).

If youtube stops and sputters through my ISP, then i wonder how many others avoid any streaming like me?
Recently, I refused to use Netflix even though it was offered for free.
Easier to download tv shows and movies or borrow from the public library.

Also less of an aggravation for me to order a physical audio release.
I don't "pay for air", meaning I want a tangible product that I can sell at a later date.

• 1 likes this
FORUM MOD!
Canada (ca) Male 

Topics Solved: 327

canadaspaceman wrote:There were articles I read years ago, how streaming services don't pay as much as they want us to believe.
Bands were pulling out as they were only getting pennies for thousands, or millions, of downloads?
They found they made a lot more money selling digital files on their own websites.

Also less of an aggravation for me to order a physical audio release.
I don't "pay for air", meaning I want a tangible product that I can sell at a later date.

Yeah, i was always reluctant to get inolved with streaming services precisely because of the poor play to pay ratio. Sounded like the bands were being royally ripped off by the streaming services and youtube. I've no idea if things have improved since those concerns originally came to light, but i notice the last few really big rock bands who were holding out against it, (AC/DC, Zep, Def Leppard), have all now relented, so perhaps things have improved.
I too much prefer having the physical release, with lyrics, pics and artwork to pore over whilst i'm listening, although i do concede that downloading and streaming can be a great way to 'try before you buy' and discover stuff you might otherwise never have heard.
However, with such a scattershot & ever-changing musical landscape now, and with so many bands vying for attention it's hard to see how a new Hard/Heavy act is ever likely to emerge & rise to anything even approaching the stature of the 'old gods'.
That's a problem with the 'business model' that desperately needs to be solved quickly, before all the existing bands of that stature disappear for good.
Bringer of Steel
United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 92

I don't use that either, but isn't it better to get in touch with the bands and buy stuff from them directly so they can really have real money? I mean, axewitch for instance has their email account public on their own site. If the answer is no from them may be they can even help you out to get their albums or whatever as they could know who's distributing the stuff actively. Anyway, I understand the point of technology and the easy-access part but if you really want to support a band, why don't you get in touch? , of course sometimes a simple (e)mail could take ages to be replied but I think is the most supportive and honest action, and even the delay of getting a reply or even the real stuff is what makes all this quiet special, I know this is for a few but nothing limits you more than your own, right ?

cheers!

extreme metal from the underworlds
http://pheretrum.no-ip.org/
Uruguay (uy) Male 

Topics Solved: 0

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/spotify-charges-debit-account-unauthorized-withdrawals-1.5206053

If you see strange charges from Spotify on your bank account, you aren't alone
Spotify told people who didn't have an account that someone else was using their payment information
Elizabeth McMillan · CBC News · Posted: Jul 11, 2019

"Danielle Parent has never had a Spotify account, but on the weekend noticed four unauthorized withdrawals of $119.88 each for the music streaming service.

Parent, a graphic designer based in Toronto, is one of a number of Canadians who say they had money removed from their chequing accounts for the service to which they do not subscribe.

In total, Spotify charged Parent $479.52. It put her in overdraft and left her with no cash for groceries over the weekend. "

--------
"Past Spotify problems

This isn't the first time people have raised concerns about the music streaming service.

In 2016, many Spotify users complained strangers were using their accounts or changing their login details. The company denied it had been hacked. It also denied being hacked in a 2015 incident when the information of more than 1,000 users was leaked online.

There are also similar accounts of unauthorized billing posted on Spotify's community forums by users who have questions about unauthorized withdrawals. Some of the posts date back years."
FORUM MOD!
Canada (ca) Male 

Topics Solved: 327

« Return to General Metal Discussions