Recommendations, Records, Collections, etc.
General Metal Discussions » Glamtera vs Pantera
80's Pantera with their retarded glam pose (vinny paul glam is pretty much one of the ugliest sightings in metal history, probably only second to imagining what Rob Halford does in private) actually produced pretty good music, and i never thought i'd found myself actually enjoying their 80's "power metal album" as much as i enjoyed cowboys from hell and all of their 90's ultra mainstream grove metal glory, i actually enjoyed power metal more than most of their 90's albums. So yeah i have to say Glamtera, who do you like better?

VS

Name: Edgar

Topics Solved: 0

Tbqh, I strongly dislike both for a variety of reasons but if I really had to choose one, I'd pick the 80's version of this band for being somewhat more bearable.

• 1 likes this
 Male

Topics Solved: 2

Glam era for sure. Never did get into Groove..
Random avatar

back in the 80s, I had the "Projects in the Jungle" LP I found at the local record store, and it was just another underground band - I thought the LP was pretty good for its style, actually, although I preferred heavier stuff for the most part. Did not have the other LPs.
I don't like groove-metal at all and did not get into "new" Pantera at all. And "Glamtera" doesn't hold up well IMO. I just hope I never have to choose. It's like being given a choice between "Load" from Metallica or some recent Queensryche album - I'd just rather shoot myself if I can't have Ride the Lightning or Rage for Order!

• 2 likes this
Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 18

witchcross wrote:back in the 80s, I had the "Projects in the Jungle" LP I found at the local record store, and it was just another underground band - I thought the LP was pretty good for its style, actually, although I preferred heavier stuff for the most part. Did not have the other LPs.
I don't like groove-metal at all and did not get into "new" Pantera at all. And "Glamtera" doesn't hold up well IMO. I just hope I never have to choose. It's like being given a choice between "Load" from Metallica or some recent Queensryche album - I'd just rather shoot myself if I can't have Ride the Lightning or Rage for Order!

Judging for your taste (well the few i know of it anyway) i can tell power metal (album) could easily change your mind about glamtera, just give it a try and you'll see what i'm talking about, it's a surprisingly good album.

• 1 likes this
Name: Edgar

Their Glam period sounds much better and sincere. It was the day when thrash metal pillars were badly desecrated when Pantera started to groove. Luckily old school feeling is still alive in our hearts…
Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 33

Glamtera obviously. Everything after CFH sucked balls.
United States (us) Male

Glamtera all the way! Projects In The Jungle is a damn fine record!
Random avatar

In any case first 5 albums are the music ( good or bad ).
All other - BULLSHIT !!!!! (axe1)

• 1 likes this

Glamtera, believe it or not, but for me its sounds Stronger then their 90's Stuff .
Netherlands (nl) Male
Name: T

I remember buying I am the Night and Power metal from Shades in London really enjoyed them at the time lost interest after that lol

• 1 likes this

Well for Me Cowboys from Hell Was the First Album i Ever Heard Pantera But i Never Realy Thaught They Were Glam Band or Just a Straight Ahead Heavy Metal Band that Just Had a Glam Image But in Early or Late 2007 my Brother Knew This Girl Who Was a Huge Pantera Fan But Never Realy Knew About Their Glam Past Then My Brother Looked Up and Downloaded Those Albums Then i Listened to Them and i Was Blown Away So Glamtera Wins My Vote Still Looking for The Bootleg Reisues But the Price on the Bootlegs Are Going Down Wich Good But i Never Realy Liked Their Later Stuff But Cowboys Was Good and Vulger Display of Power Was Kinda ok But Not as Great as Their Early Material Edit: Not There Not Just Power Metal is the Cheapest Right Now While the the First 3 Are Around the Price of $29 - $39

http://i.imgur.com/oQTbd.png
Bringer of Steel
United States (us) MaleYouTube 
Name: Ben Smith

Topics Solved: 16

this is a tough one ... i like both i mean the power metal album is amazing but so is the vulgar display of power i love em both cant really pick one id say both eras are pretty cool

If Any Of My Links Are Dead PM Me And I Will Upload It Again
Bringer of Steel
Cyprus (cy) Male
Name: Michalis

Topics Solved: 13

What a surprise, nobody here likes the shredding days. The first two albums were in early Def Leppard Style, the next two supreme US Powermetal disc and then they became allergic on melody. It's this frantic purging out of melody what is pissing me off big way. I stopped buying PANTERA with the Cowboys from hell, it just gets too boring and it's grinding on my nerves.

• 2 likes this
Germany (de) MaleYouTube 
Name: Martin

Topics Solved: 8

Terry Glaze era (first 3 albums) are easily the best. Glamtera is the only real Pantera, and "Diamond" Darrell is the only way it works for me. I hate Cowboys From Hell and after. (evilsmile)

Bleed 'em Dry
Bringer of Steel
United States (us) Male YouTube 
Name: Matt St.Ours

Topics Solved: 4

I love The album power Metal and Projects in the jungle. I love those albums more then words can describe. I use to hate pantera, this was of course because all I new was their releases after cowboys from hell. When I first listened to Over and out on The Power Metal album, I was blown away to another F*****' Planet. The guitar riff in that song inspired my guitar playing alot. I started playing guitar and other instruments after I got into speed and thrash Metal. So Pantera was a huge influence on my playing style along with Agent steel.
United States (us) Male

I'm more for 'Glamtera' period but in the past week I have been getting into their groove metal stuff so that may change. "Power Metal" period was pure brilliance.
Australia (au) Male
Name: Axle

"I'm The Night" is my favorite album of Pantera. I hate "Cowboys..." and the rest after that. But the only thing I hate most, is that people describe this album as a glam one. Have they heard the songs like "Down Below","Onward We Rock" or the "I'm the Night"?
Greece (gr) Male YouTube 
Name: Dim

Topics Solved: 1

Give me only the early version of the band when they played heavy metal.
Glamtera only.
FORUM MOD!
Canada (ca) Male 

Topics Solved: 327

Every album they did with Phil Anselmo. I strongly dislike Pantera's first three records. Also Power Metal isn't a Glam album.
Random avatar
Greece (gr) Male YouTube  
Name: Chris

« Return to General Metal Discussions