Recommendations, Records, Collections, etc.
General Metal Discussions » Anthrax - Worship music - What do you think of the new album?
What do you think of the new album?
I think is great considering their last efforts,or should i say Percistence of time.
I bought "The sound of white noise" and when i stopped listen to them.
Saw them on the Swedish TV broadcast of the Big four at Ullevi and found out that
Joey Belladona were with them again,Wherefore i bought the new album and it´s great.
Not compered with the tree first albums,but it is a great comeback
Random avatar
 Male
Name: Hans Johansson

Topics Solved: 0

I found it to be a good record. There are some tracks I don't care for much but it's easily one of the better releases from the band. The most I can enjoy from John Bush era is Sound of White Noise but Worship Music is above that. :) The band took me by surprise the moment I played Earth on Hell.
Random avatar

I think it was the best album of 2011!
Random avatar

I saw them live last Wednesday and their new tunes sounded tight, I haven't heard the recorded versions though.
Random avatar
Mexico (mx) Male
Name: Miguel Angel Perez V

It's better than the Bush era stuff, but I thought it was junk regardless.
United States (us) Male

I really like the album. Though I was glad it was finally going to see the light of day I was hoping it wasn't going to sound scattered or inconsistent if you know what I mean. Being the length of time it took to record and the various recording sessions and line-up changes. But when I finally listened to it in my opinion Anthrax pulled it off. I look at it as kind of picking up where they left off with Persistence Of Time...
Bringer of Steel
United States (us) Male
Name: Chris Ruiz

There are a couple songs I really hate, but it is far better than any of the drivel since Persistence of Time (their last good album IMO). Overall in my book they gained a bit of credibility back with this album, after so many years of being horrible. I love the early stuff, but they should never have been counted as a big-4 band, not when the likes of OVERKILL are around, being so much better! But then again, Overkill are better than either Metallica or Slayer (ducks)!
Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 18

witchcross wrote:There are a couple songs I really hate, but it is far better than any of the drivel since Persistence of Time (their last good album IMO). Overall in my book they gained a bit of credibility back with this album, after so many years of being horrible. I love the early stuff, but they should never have been counted as a big-4 band, not when the likes of OVERKILL are around, being so much better! But then again, Overkill are better than either Metallica or Slayer (ducks)!

Very good point..And when you stop to think about it's true there are bands more deserving to be in the Big 4 category. Along w/ Overkill I think Exodus is a good example as well..
Bringer of Steel
United States (us) Male
Name: Chris Ruiz

i think its a great album.
i've been listening to them since Spreading The Disease was released and the last 2 albums i've liked but havent liked much from them in years.

I am curious, how many members here still like/listen to this Anthrax album Worship Music?
It seemed ok, I liked about 1/2 the songs, but a week later, already forgotten them.

Maybe just me, there is so MUCH metal these days...but my first fave bands, from the BIG FOUR, just don't blow me away all the way through
an album, like in the 1980s/early 90s, ..but Megadeth comes closest for me...for still always writing catchy songs/riffs for a whole album.

witchcross wrote:There are a couple songs I really hate, but it is far better than any of the drivel since Persistence of Time (their last good album IMO). Overall in my book they gained a bit of credibility back with this album, after so many years of being horrible. I love the early stuff, but they should never have been counted as a big-4 band, not when the likes of OVERKILL are around, being so much better! But then again, Overkill are better than either Metallica or Slayer (ducks)!

Yeah, sort of understand that point of view, that EXODUS should have also been mentioned ALWAYS in mags along with the other 4.

The 1990s ANTHRAX albums were good, but they seem to be written aimed towards the younger, highschool / college crowd who had a slightly different taste of metal. It was STILL 100% METAL, just not really my kind.
It wasn't what many of the oldschool fans wanted, but I think those albums were on par, or better than say, PANTERA's 1990s stuff.
FORUM MOD!
Canada (ca) Male 

Topics Solved: 341

canadaspaceman wrote:I am curious, how many members here still like/listen to this Anthrax album Worship Music?
It seemed ok, I liked about 1/2 the songs, but a week later, already forgotten them.

Maybe just me, there is so MUCH metal these days...but my first fave bands, from the BIG FOUR, just don't blow me away all the way through
an album, like in the 1980s/early 90s, ..but Megadeth comes closest for me...for still always writing catchy songs/riffs for a whole album.

I do have the CD in my shelf, but It's not that interesting anymore. For 2-3 spins it's okay, but not more.
Bringer of Steel
Germany (de) MaleYouTube 

Topics Solved: 4

I liked it when it first came out, but the novelty and excitement of Joey being back wore off pretty quick. After a couple listens, the album got old fast. It's really not any better than the John Bush crap that came before it. There's not one song on that one I would care to hear again. My Anthrax collection officially ends with Persistence Of Time.
United States (us) Male

« Return to General Metal Discussions