Recommendations, Records, Collections, etc.
General Metal Discussions » Introduce Yourself!

How did you find out about the site?

Through the Blog
26%
Google / Other Search Engine
53%
Youtube
3%
Facebook
1%
Website
4%
A Friend
9%
Other
4%

Total votes : 496

hi everybody

love this site - a cool place for old school metal and old metal maniac like me
met noseinormale from this forum at headbangers open air

cheers

waldi
Random avatar
Germany (de) Male

Topics Solved: 1

Swiss metal head, says hi to everyone. Cool forum!
Random avatar
Switzerland (ch) Male

Topics Solved: 0

hail (sword) welcome
Turkey (tr) Male

Topics Solved: 7

Welcome Aboard

http://i.imgur.com/oQTbd.png
Bringer of Steel
United States (us) MaleYouTube 
Name: Ben Smith

Topics Solved: 16

hello everyone!

My name is peter, im from the netherlands and hope to find some good old live/ demo of Mysto Dysto / Mandator overhere

Cheers from brazil

• 1 likes this
Brazil (br) FemaleFemale

Hi everyone!
I recently found this amazing forum, and there was no doubt I should be a member!

My name is Matty, I'm 35 and from Germany. As you all can imagine, I'm a Heavy Metal Maniac!
I like all kinds of Metal, but Thrash and NWOBHM are my favorites. Besides that, I'm a big fan of Motörhead.

I play in a band myself - like most Metalheads seem to do, haha - called Lost World Order. I'll be posting something about it later.

Well, I hope to face heavy times here (metal2)
Germany (de) Male

Hallo everybody,

I'm Tobias from Germany, I'm 32 years old, have a wife a son, Lemmy Matthias is 1 1/2.

My best buddy Matthiasinvited me to join this board.

My favourite genres are Doom Metal (I'm quite puristic in this area) and Epic Metal (which we call Kauz Metal, roughly translated Codger Metal or Geezer Metal, but I'm not really sure if the German meaning's lost in the translation).

But I love most styles of real metal (US-Metal, NWoBHM, Thrash Metal, Speed Metal and Power Metal) and hard rock. I do like Death Metal a little bit, mainly older bands like Bolt Thrower, Unleashed, Grave, Death and I'm not very keen on Black Metal (second wave that is, I love first wave Black Metal).
Although I'm an old school metalhead with records, band shirts, denim vest+patches, spikes and everything, I do like real Punkrock (Ramones, Misfits, Dead Kennedys, Reagan Youth), some Psychobilly (Demented Are Go, Meteors, Batmobile, Long Tall Texans, Spellbound), Social Distortion and Johnny Cash.

My favourite bands are Motörhead, Manilla Road, Lord Vicar, Saint Vitus, King Diamond, Mercyful Fate and Atlantean Kodex.

Cheers

• 1 likes this
Germany (de) Male
Name: Tobias Klueter

Good to see you here, brother!
Germany (de) Male

Cheers mate!

I check out everything you recomment!
Germany (de) Male
Name: Tobias Klueter

Greetings all.

I'm a 39 year old Metalhead from Portugal, been into the scene since I was 14, and I used to be somewhat active in a few forums up until a couple of years ago when my life changed a lot and I stopped having time for stuff like this.

I never stopped being totally commited to Metal, going to gigs and playing in bands.

Now I come to the internet and things changed a lot. Countless blogs are gone due to the megaupload quashing and other sharing sites are fucked up as well.

I don't have the time I had to hear new bands, search for Metal news and post as much as I used to. So what I'm expecting to do here is download a bit, upload a bit, and join in on a few conversations once in a while. Hopefully conditions will improve.

My favourite styles are definitely 80s Thrash, 80s HM, 80s Black, and late 80s/early 90s Death. But I like a lot of stuff. As long as it is real Metal!

Cheers!

Alex, 26, Germany, into every kind of oldschool stuff. Cheers
Germany (de) Male

greetings, I'm Miguel from Belgium, favourite genres are 80's heavy/speed/thrash/NWOBHM. Looking forward to find some new, precious gems on this forum!
Random avatar
Belgium (be) Male

thunderandlightning wrote:A big Hail to Slovakia from Ireland - great to have you here. You've got some great bands in Slovakia - I'm a big fan of Tublatanka and Money Factor are excellent also. Incidentally, Slovak grammar is very like Irish in many ways....

For example, the way the spelling of a person's name changes when you're talking about something they own - my name in Irish is Séamus ó Cinnéide, but if you're talking about my car, you'd refer to "gluaisteán Shéamuis Uí Chinnéide". Also, the way certain words like "with", "from" and "about" change the spelling of a word - (láska - s láskou is an example in Slovak, similar to "Seán (John) - faoi Sheán (about John) in Irish). Also, in Irish as in the Slavic languages, there are male and female versions of the same surname - my sister, for example, is Máire Ní Chinnéide, whereas I'm Séamus ó Cinnéide.
Random avatar
Ireland (ie) Male

hello from Greece, great site with great bands.I Found here everything i wanted the past years,and i search for greek metal underground bands.I listen thrash metal of 80s mostly and all black speed death metal.Thanks!
Random avatar
Greece (gr) Male

Also new here, from Germany, in the scene since mid-80s.

Deeply into 70 HR, no interest at all in DM or BM.

Looking forward to any exchange of ideas ...
Random avatar
Holy See (Vatican City State) (va) Male

Topics Solved: 1

New here, I'm a 32 year-old metalhead from Canada. I'm a fan of all that is thrash but enjoy most other styles as well.
Random avatar
Canada (ca) Male

I am a fan of old school heavy metal. I also like to listen to speed metal, death metal, thrash metal, doom metal, and even some hard rock bands.

Aside from music, I also enjoy collecting out-of-print/hard-to-find albums, retro gaming and working on Web sites.

I also run a forum. You can check it out by clicking on my sig.

• 1 likes this
United States (us) Male 

New to this board... looks cool!
Random avatar
United States (us) Male
Name: Jym Harris

Hi from Slovakia!

Huge fan of Aussie Pub Rock and music in the same vein - balls to the wall rock n roll (Swiss bands Krokus & Killer, British Starfighters & Split Beaver, Rhino Bucket, Guy Speranza's era of Riot etc.).
Random avatar
Slovakia (sk) Male

« Return to General Metal Discussions

« Previous topic | Next topic »