Recommendations, Records, Collections, etc.
General Metal Discussions » Introduce Yourself!

How did you find out about the site?

Through the Blog
26%
Google / Other Search Engine
53%
Youtube
3%
Facebook
1%
Website
4%
A Friend
9%
Other
4%

Total votes : 496

Howdy guys. Been taking bunch of stuff from the blog for a few years, though didn't know there actually was a forum.

I'm 22 from spain. I have a few friends that were around when all the Heavy thing was bigh in here, so if you have any question concerning any spanish band don't hesitate to pm me, I may be able to get some info. Cheers!
Spain (es) Male
Name: Andy

Topics Solved: 0

Hi.

I´m from Mexico, and I´m Glad to be here. Thanks
Random avatar

Hey guys, Matthew here from Vancouver - 21 years old. Blog is awesome, been introducing me to gems for years now.
Random avatar
Canada (ca) Male

Hello all!

I'm 26 years old guy from northern Europe. Been listening to metal music for about 10 years now. My favorite bands are Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Children Of Bodom.

Recently I've been listening to more rare, obscure and forgotten metal. I've discovered a ton of great bands that I didn't realize even existed and hope to discover even more (thanks to this forum).

Cheers!
Random avatar
 Male
Name: Johnny

Hello, traditional doom and heavy metal fan here from the United Kingdom. A few favourites include Revelation, Penance, Blood Farmers, Pentagram and The Lamp Of Thoth.
Random avatar

Hello all, my name is Matt and im 19 years old. I'm a huge NWOBHM fanatic, Grim Reaper being my all-time favorite band. I play guitar as well, and have many NWOBHM up covers on Youtube. I look forward to meeting you guys!

Bleed 'em Dry
Bringer of Steel
United States (us) Male YouTube 
Name: Matt St.Ours

Topics Solved: 4

Hy all :).. strappado very nice blog ;)
im from indonesian.
http://last.fm/ramatrock

thanks all :cheers:
Indonesia (id) Male
Name: Ramat As

Hello from cold and snowy Finland...

Thanks for strappado for the blog, tusen tack... (clap4)
Finland (fi)
Name: mie oon ahvena

Hey everyone, my name's Kevin (as you might be able to figure out by my user name) and I'm from the DC metro area. Really happy to be a part of the forum.
Kvn
Random avatar
United States (us)

Hi. sory my bad english. My name is Asen i am W.A.S.P fan Thanks good forum (metal2)
Random avatar
Banned

Topics Solved: 1

Hi there:)
Rockstar77 from Norway.34 years old,and love obscure Norwegian rock and metal:)This forum rocks:)
Random avatar
Norway (no)

Hey Guys,

Just taking a moment to introduce myself. My name is Chris and I live in Upstate New York. I have been a fan of Heavy Metal/Hard Rock since late 1987. Along with my passion for the music I am also a collector of HM memorabilia ( LP's/Cd's/Posters/Pix/Tourbooks etc..) as well..

My favorites are NWOBHM and Thrash

I have discovered a lot of material thanks to this very blog and am proud to be a part of your community here. This style of music has always been about the community aspect..Sharing and engaging with other fans..

I look forward to contributing here and getting to know some of you along the way...

-Chris
Bringer of Steel
United States (us) Male
Name: Chris Ruiz

hi everyone. i just got into metal so any suggested bands in much appreciated
Random avatar
United States (us) Male

oh yeah, forgot to say, Slayer Rules!!!!
Random avatar
United States (us) Male

Hey, Certif1ed here - or Cert for short.

My real name is Mark, but people call me Cert on every other forum I'm a member of, so take your pick (or axe, natch).

Grew up with the NWoBHM and Thrash, so that's my main interest, athough as an avid vinyl collector, I really dig what's come to be known as "proto metal" - those old hard rock bands from the early 1970s that I'm too young to remember, but are the unsung and unwitting formulators of the blueprint of Heavy Metal music, however it's defined.

I'm an on/off Collaborator at MetalMusicArchives.com (am I allowed to plug other sites? (hehe1) ), where I've added a lot of NWoBHM rarities thanks to this site and a few others, and even a bit of help from some of the original NWoBHM acts themselves who pop up from time to time.

Enough about me - back to the MUSIC!!!
United Kingdom (uk) Male
Name: Mark

ok guys....my name is Marco,I'm italian.
heavy metal is all my life.
1000 thanks at this place....the greatest site in the world for rare jewels and forgotten steel.
STAY HEAVY.
Italy (it)

Well, I´m here from I don´t lnow, but is good to presentate

I´m Carlos, I´m from South of Heaven (Chile), I have 23 and been listening to metal music for about 11-12 years, I´m totally into classic Heavy Metal, always I love to discover new bands for me, don´t matter where are the band, while play with feeling and passion
Chile (cl)

Topics Solved: 2

Hello metal maniacs im Antonio from Portugal i am a metal fan since very very long and i collect vinil and shirts
Portugal (pt) Male
Name: Antonio

Hello and Greetings from Heavy Thrashhead I've Doing a Bunch of Stuff Here But I've Been a Metalhead Since 2008 TOO FREAKIN" LATE Born in 1995!!! Been Tracking Down a Bunch of Old and New Heavy/Thrash/Doom/Black/Death/Crossover/Speed/Prog-Metal Stuff Also NWOBHM Both CD, Cassete & Vinyl I Will Try the Darndest to Contribute Here Age: 16 Years OLD!!!! Headbanging for Life Man _________________________________________________________________________________________ My Bands: Wild Racer, H.D.S., Evil Bitch, Shark & Symbolic Disease I'm Also Doing Stuff With My Brother as a Band Known as Killer Moth

• 2 likes this

http://i.imgur.com/oQTbd.png
Bringer of Steel
United States (us) MaleYouTube 
Name: Ben Smith

Topics Solved: 16

Hello. I'm gravedigger84 - a metalhead from Finland. I've known this blog for long time but haven't actually followed forums much than just recently. Strappado has been perhaps second biggest online site in heavy metal for me ever since Vibrations of Doom Magazine (which was up way back then).. well actually today it may well even be the biggest.

I started out as a regular Metallica/Megadeth/iron Maiden fan in my early teenies (I was 9) but I never really liked anything from Metallica that was released after Black album. Only one of those bands remained that gets regular listens now and then, and it's Megadeth. I listen even Maiden very rarely these days - and I had a break with Metallica for about 10 years, till I realized that yes, Kill'em All is still quite good album.

I expanded my band knowledge by internet. Running Wild was first big band to me that I discovered through the net. It was also the very first band of which I bought every each release for my collection. That led me discovering Grave Digger, Rage, Sinner -- and evetually expanding into other styles as well such as thrash (Annihilator, Testament, Exodus, Razor, Paradox and so on).

These days I listen mainly heavy metal and NWOBHM (heavier side), with fair amount of thrash, power, speed. Even Doom and Black goes even though my listening considering them is minor. But one thing's certain: 80's music is my way to go.

For a little while I haven't had money to expand my collection much, which has remained as puny approx 320-350 CD's and 15-20 LP's -- which is not much amongst people that do collect records. But I'm finally graduating in few months, and if i get a decent job, my first thing to do is to buy decent Vinyl-player and continue buying records -- I'm going to focus mainly on used LP's as those are damn cool, work of art.

I have nice collection of heavy metal on my computer - collected over the years. I would say it's around 95% of 80's heavy metal only, with few exceptions of some newer releases that are in veins of 80's anyway. And I wish to expand my "physical copies" in future by buying the best / otherwise wanted albums of my mp3 collection as actual releases in CD and LP format - although it's a task of a lifetime.

My most valuable LP might well be Jag Panzer's Ample Destruction -- maybe -- I don't know.

My favorite bands include big names such as:
Accept
Annihilator
Armored Saint
Judas Priest
Manilla Road
Megadeth
Overkill
Saxon
Sinner
TANK
Testament
Warlock
WASP

...but there's tons of less known bands that impress me with record or two, even by one EP. Such as Battleaxe's Burn This Town. Charger's Desperadoes SINGLE, Burn-Burn (1983, Swe), Root's Kärgeräs, Sacred Blade's Of The Sun + Moon, Blacklace-Unlaced.. the list goes on.. even big bands that are not generally in my TOP20 but have such a great albums as Bathory-Blood, Fire, Death

Anyways, greetings to all.

• 2 likes this
Name: Tane Norther

« Return to General Metal Discussions

« Previous topic | Next topic »