Recommendations, Records, Collections, etc.
General Metal Discussions » Introduce Yourself!

How did you find out about the site?

Through the Blog
26%
Google / Other Search Engine
53%
Youtube
3%
Facebook
1%
Website
4%
A Friend
9%
Other
4%

Total votes : 496

hi, im here, hello everyone
Random avatar
Sweden (se) Male
Name: scopeit

Topics Solved: 0

Hi there. I'm Robbert, 49 year old health care worker from The Netherlands. I like lots of music but old fashioned hard rock, heavy metal/NWOBHM and thrash/speed metal is what I grew up on. Also interested in doom, black, prog and stuff that's hard to define genre-wise. Always on the lookout for new stuff or old stuff that I might have missed. I play in an old school hard rock/heavy metal band called Harbour of Souls.
Netherlands (nl) Male 
Name: Robbert

Hello, everyone.

Found this forum searching for TT Quick's first release, which is bloody hard to find in good quality.

Thank you very much to those responsible for this forum, and thank you to all uploaders!
Random avatar
Spain (es) Male

This is poserkiller. Just joined. I think I came across this blog last year but lost the bookmark and forgot all about it until a friend reminded me. Looks like lots of rare goodies. Time to go hunt.

THRASH TILL DEATH!!!!!

POSERS MUST DIE!!!!!
Name: Rich

Topics Solved: 1

Came across this gem of a blog by accident oh if all accidents were as good i would fry bacon naked all the time
United Kingdom (uk) Male
Name: pez

Hello, this is EG here and a total newbie
Random avatar
United States (us) FemaleFemale

howdy new friends - joined to locate some old demos for a former teacher of mine, you guys were the only one's who had 'em so big ups for that :]

im from the us and my favorite music genre is death metal. i also quite like black metal, hip hop, pop, punk, noise rock and anything else that satisfies my eardrums (listenmu2)
Name: Sean

HauntedCerebellum wrote:howdy new friends - joined to locate some old demos for a former teacher of mine, you guys were the only one's who had 'em so big ups for that :]

im from the us and my favorite music genre is death metal. i also quite like black metal, hip hop, pop, punk, noise rock and anything else that satisfies my eardrums (listenmu2)

Is someone a Deceased fan?
United States (us) Male 

Welcome to all news (beerm)
Bringer of Steel
France (fr) FemaleFemale 

Topics Solved: 4

Hey!

Just another random metalhead with a misspent youth looking for those gems that escaped me back in the day.

• 3 likes this
Portugal (pt) Male
Name: Jose Oakwood

Hello from France.
I'm a little collector of Glam Metal and Japanese Hard Rock & Heavy Metal.
Cheerz.

Hi! I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
A big fan of metal in general, but specially in Japanese stuff!!!

Anyway, I'm always looking for something new and blowing mind!
Argentina (ar) Male
Name: Fernando

hey hey , super glad I stumbled across this place. I am brand new here, looking forward to exploring through this site and meeting some cool people.

Im really into 70s/80s photo-doom and doom metal, 80s death and thrash metal. Never been a big fan of 90s-current stuff, but there is some bands that sneak through the cracks. (always open for suggestions though)

I was born in 1988, so I definitely missed out on the glory days, but oh well.
United States (us) Male

Morning folks!
I'm just some metal "youngster" in his early-20s who's trying to collect as much local (Hesse, Germany) releases as possible.
I also happen to be a mod at Metal-Archives and trying to get these bands up-to-date.
I already know some of you dislike that site, so please don't rant against it too much on here.
I'm just trying to share some old stuff (mostly Black Metal, I suppose...)
Greetings (cheers1)
Also, here's my Metal-Archives profile with my collection, if you find some old/rare stuff you need, feel free to contact me.
Bringer of Steel
Germany (de) Male 

Topics Solved: 2

Hi guys,

I'm a newcomer from Belgium, I'm already 38 but have discovered metal only 10 years ago.
I don't really have a favourite band, but rather like separate songs from this or that band; mostly folk and power metal, but I'm not sectarian. Apart from that, my other hobbies are playing airsoft and brewing beer.

Have a nice day!
Random avatar
Belgium (be) Male
Name: Olivier Vandebroucke

Metalhead from Florida here. I'm into just about all forms of metal, except death metal which I don't care for. I discovered this site while searching for Anvil's 1985 Molten Metal demo, and this was the only place I could find it. This forum seems cool. I might stick around for a while.
United States (us) Male

One metalhead from Spain over here! Looking forward to discover some great albums!
Random avatar
Spain (es) Male

I'm From Puerto Rico. i've been Working with too many US/Canada bands since the late 90's and i'm looking for great Hard Rock/ Aor Rare Albums. Thank you all! And keep rocking!!!
United States (us) Male

Hello,

I'm new here. Nice to meet everyone, and star being part of this community.

Greeting from Brazil!!!
(vking1)
Random avatar
Brazil (br) Male
Name: Sergio

Moin Moin folks!

After my registration here in the forum was already a few days ago, I would like to introduce myself briefly.

Well, I'm a German metalhead in his mid-forties, who played bass in some hard rock heavy metal bands (so unknown most of them don't even have a metal archive entry, maybee i will upload some LP's/Demos in future). I live near the North Sea (Waterkant), I'm an electrical engineer, calling myself a "nature boy" and as you can read my English is absolutely cruel ...

In the period 2003-2009, I uploaded metal stuff on different pages; primarily metal clips/concerts (round about 2.3k selfrips). And I would like to do that here too, if it does not bother you. viewforum.php?f=59 only 18 clips online... what a shame there should more than 1k....
Well most of my rips are lost/deleted, but i could restore most source files, so i would start to (trans)encode this weekend, and upload 2-3 clips a week. First i would start with DVD (maybee later Video2k VHS and Blu-Ray) ripping mostly clips from late 80s-1999 at first nothing rare ore special, but before i start this i will check if there are better versions then my source on youtube ore similar pages (maybee better videostream, but i am really shocked that there are so many official 360p's out there, and for example yt's ≈ aac 118kbps 2-way transcoded CBR is crap compared to PCM).
I would create mp4's, x264 (Baseline 3.1, High 10, if needed with some filters, no upscaling crap); pcm→ aac true VBR≈315-370kbps ac3→pass through), and if you want mkv's with flac pn me....

Good Night,
Eidolon

« Return to General Metal Discussions

« Previous topic | Next topic »