Recommendations, Records, Collections, etc.
General Metal Discussions » Introduce Yourself!

How did you find out about the site?

Through the Blog
26%
Google / Other Search Engine
53%
Youtube
3%
Facebook
1%
Website
4%
A Friend
9%
Other
4%

Total votes : 496

Hi all,

I'm a fan of a lot of different types of music, my primary interest is NWOBHM but naturally I listen a lot to metal bands of that era from other countries, such as Heavy Load. I've been collecting NWOBHM mostly digitally on and off since about 2004 I guess. I'll see what I can contribute to this site ;)
Sweden (se) Male

Topics Solved: 1

Marmer here

Main interest is OSDM and OSTM. collector of lots of music and workin on a lot of Re-issues and releases from our label.

Cheerz
Name: Marmer

Topics Solved: 0

Hello from Kernow - thats Cornwall UK.
Started buying Vinyl in 1973 and still buy today
(goblin1)
Random avatar
United Kingdom (uk) Male

Hey whatsup, my name is Jacob, I like all sorts of metal, mostly the 80's though. I'm here to hang out with fellow metal heads, hear some new ancient classic tunes and drink some beers with the best of em'. the metal fans.
Random avatar
 Male
Name: Jack

I've been on heavymetalrarities since October last year but I had never posted here. Either way I'm doing it now. I have collected almost 1TB (material by over 2400 bands, over 145k files) of rock/metal/punk/grindcore acts and I'm finding HMR to be a great tool.

Topics Solved: 13

Hello I'm Patrick from France, I'm also the editor of paper fanzine METAL TITANS, a French zine existing since summer 2007 and dedicated to old school metal. This site looks great, it will take a lot of time to explore it I guess...
Random avatar
France (fr) Male

I guess I did not introduced myself before, even if I had already posted and uploaded a little stuff...

Well, my name is Mauro, I'm brazilian. My favourite metal subgenres are traditional metal, speed metal (less thrash influence), first wave black metal, power metal and some folk metal. I can dig almost every metal sungenre, although I always get bored with metal fused with Industrial, progressive, symphonic and metalcore. I do love the Swedish metal more than every other country, even my own. The stuff your guys can upload is awesome, things long time ago, completely GONE!

I hope to expand my metal knowledge a lot here and have some good time with anybody, I always like good chats.
FORUM MOD!
Brazil (br) Male 
Name: Mauro

Topics Solved: 9

I have been on here for only an hour but I am obsessed! Will be showing this website to my friends/family... good community as far as I can tell. My name is Julia, and I am always on the hunt for new tunes to listen to. :~)
Name: Julia

Hi, I'm Alexander, I live in Australia and I am fond of heavy, NWOBHM, speed, thrash, power and folk metal.

I used to download material from the LOCKJAW Forum for some time, I was going to sign up and I found out the blog had ended. It took me some time to figure out that it had ended so I signed up tot his forum as LOCKJAW was brilliant. I wanted to return the favour by giving material I had downloaded over the years but as the website was down I couldn't do that. So I'm going to do that on here; it's only fair plus it's enjoyable to see people get excited about the music.
Australia (au) Male
Name: Axle

Greetings fellow metal lovers. Terry here, from the West coast of the US of A. I am a big metal/hard rock collector, do reviews for Sleezeroxx, SOM and others and am involved with Charly (metalhunter) over at Metal Treasures as well.
United States (us) Male

Hi. (evils)
Croatia (hr) Male

Hi! I'm Rick. I'm an aging (gracefully) headbanger. Been listening to metal since the 80s. I love looking up obscure NWOBHM bands and listening to their stuff. Some of the names are familiar but some aren't. What a dynamic time in music history...very under appreciated IMO. ANyway...greetings all!!!
Random avatar
United States (us) Male

Hello all,

I have just find this amazing forum on the net and would like to introduce me.

I am listening to Metal for 20 years now. I am kind of Heavy and Hard rock.

Greetings from France mates!
Random avatar
France (fr) Male

Welcome, Skidcrue and Metaldaemon! o/
FORUM MOD!
Brazil (br) Male 
Name: Mauro

Topics Solved: 9

Hi Metallers!
Poland (pl) Male
Name: yansnen

Hello. i`m from Norway. Great site/forum!
Random avatar
Norway (no) Male
Name: mats

Hi there.
Here Miguel Angel from Spain. Listening metal and hard rock since 1980 when I was a teenager. I've find this site looking for a magazine, and seems to be great. I run a blog ( in spanish) if you're interested...
metal80.wordpress.com
Spain (es) Male 
Name: METAL80

This place looks awesome, I've already read through some good topics, looked up bands I've never had the chance to listen too. This is a great space. Looking forward to the future!

Hi! I'm 17 years old guy from Finland, I love music and although I mostly listen to metal of 70s, 80s and 90s, I also really enjoy other stuff as well, especially progressive rock and hip hop. My two favorite bands are Atheist and Running Wild. Anyway, I love finding new music and when it comes to metal, I've heard most of the 'basics' (of course there are some classic/popular metal albums that I haven't heard but I've heard most of those). That's why I'm looking for more obscure metal. I'm already fairly familiar with obscure old school death metal and at the moment I'm trying to get more and more familiar with the obscure heavy metal of the 80s, and there is lots of it. Right now I'm listening to the Swedish heavy metal bands from the 80s, awesome scene!

I've also played bass for seven years now. Right now I'm playing in two bands. Other being a death metal band, I like our songs although we have sound of newer death metal bands. The good part is that we aren't trying to be too 'brutal' and too technical. The other band was supposed to be a Sabbath cover band but just a couple of days ago we decided that we'll start writing our own material. Should be interesting.

Rate Your Music: https://rateyourmusic.com/~covenannt
last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Covenantt
Finland (fi) Male

Hello all, name's John. I'm from Harlan, KY, and joined this forum in my never-ending quest to acquire obscure osdm releases. Be seeing you all around the boards!
United States (us) Male
Name: John Jenkins

« Return to General Metal Discussions

« Previous topic | Next topic »