Recommendations, Records, Collections, etc.
General Metal Discussions » Introduce Yourself!

How did you find out about the site?

Through the Blog
26%
Google / Other Search Engine
53%
Youtube
3%
Facebook
1%
Website
4%
A Friend
9%
Other
4%

Total votes : 496

I've already posted a few times, but might as well formally introduce myself. My name's Kellen and I'm from USA (Maryland). I've been following Strappado on the blog and youtube for quite some time now since I started really digging deep into NWOBHM. I've found countless awesome bands thanks to him. Other than that, my favorite kind of metal is epic style like Manilla Road and Atlantean Kodex.
United States (us) Male 

Topics Solved: 0

Name is Ron, I am a 48 year old guitar player and vinyl collector from Connecticut. I also collect/trade for old Hot Wheels & Matchbox cars. Same user name on numerous boards
United States (us) Male
Name: Ron

Hello

I'm BR
Brazil (br) MaleYouTube 

Hey I'm Dave...been collecting metal for over 30 years. I also have A blog called Rocket Science that may be familiar to some of you guys. Hopefully, I can bring something to the table here.

• 2 likes this
Random avatar
United States (us) Male
Name: embro

Hi all,

Tom from Norway here. Big fan of black metal (of course, being a Norwegian I pretty much have to) and everything from old school hard rock, progressive rock, metal (too many variants to mention) and currently looking to complete some of my collections :)

Site looks great so I'm hoping I'll figure out how to download soon :P

-tom
Norway (no) Male

Hi there! Here just a lonely metaller from SouthAmerica, always hungry of Metal information!
My Metal worship is from classic Heavy Metal, passing to Speed Metal, classic Thrash Metal to Death Metal!!
Possessed by Metal since 1992.
Thanks.
Random avatar
Name: GuerreroApocaliptico

I don't remember is I did this or not. I was a just a visitor for a while. But once I realized how the majority of the members are just true metalheads, and not metal elitists, I became a lot more active.

Anyway, I'm Robb. I'm a 41 year old metalhead who loves pretty much all types of metal, but mostly 70s and 80s stuff. Demos especially. I started trading demos around 1984 or 1985. Can't remember that far back. So if there are demos that are needed, I'll do my best to help out.

• 2 likes this
Bringer of Steel
United States (us) Male

Topics Solved: 7

G'Day Metalheads...So good to see so many true metal fans...I have been into hardrock and metal since I was 10 years old..Started listening to Sweet,Deep Purple,Sabbath,Zeppelin,Mott The Hoople,Montrose,Lizzy,Rainbow and purchased my 1st Motorhead album in 79'...I was consumed by the N.W.O.B.H.M. scene...I grew up in the New Jersey/New York area and was so fortunate seeing all the amazing bands at La'Mours in Brooklyn and other smaller venues...My most memorable bands seeing are Riot with Rhett Foresterr....of course Motorhead...Seeing Metallica during Kill em ALL and Ride the Lightning tours...Early Venom,Mercyful Fate and Manowar were always mind blowing...I was at Reading Festival in 1982 with Schenker headlining and also Iron Maiden During the Number of the beast Tours...Seeing Bernie Torme was incredible as were Baron Rojo,Twisted Sister and Blackfoot...Thank you to everyone for all these incredible bootlegs...They truly keep the spirit of metal alive...Chow...Terence

• 1 likes this
Random avatar
United States (us) Male
Name: terence

axewitch65 wrote:G'Day Metalheads...So good to see so many true metal fans...I have been into hardrock and metal since I was 10 years old..Started listening to Sweet,Deep Purple,Sabbath,Zeppelin,Mott The Hoople,Montrose,Lizzy,Rainbow and purchased my 1st Motorhead album in 79'...I was consumed by the N.W.O.B.H.M. scene...Thank you to everyone for all these incredible bootlegs...They truly keep the spirit of metal alive...Chow...Terence

I could write the same phrase,word for word,my lost "twin",separated at birth(but i live in Italy!!!) and with the same musical taste ,welcome on board Terence!!!
Name: Marco

Topics Solved: 70

Hi there,
while i was searching Repression (germany) sounds i found this forum, looks really cool to find old stuff before buying them !!
so yeah first of all i'm a vinyl maniac, specially heavy/power/nwobhm...
i think i'll have fun here !!!
Cheers from the french/swiss border (near geneva)
Jérôme
Switzerland (ch) Male 

Hey all,

Found this site today on a N.W.O.B.H.M. link trail, pretty excited for another forum addiction. Recent record collector, as much as my salary permits. I play in a few bands that i'd like to show ya'll, and am otherwise pretty excited to hear obscure gems in traditional/speed/NWOBHM/thrash! Cheers!

-Mike
United States (us) Male

Hey everyone! Been a member for some time here, and am finally getting around to posting. Anyway, I'm a 49 year old male in Peoria, Illinois, about 3 hours sw of Chicago. Been listening to metal for about 35-40 years now, ever since hearing my older brothers' Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Rush, KISS, Alice Cooper, Montrose, Uriah Heep, Bad Company, Ted Nugent, Black Sabbath, Foghat, Ted Nugent, etc, albums.

Anyway, greetings and salutations!!
Random avatar
United States (us) Male
Name: Andrew Chase

hi im new and im from guatemala :D

cheers!!! and metal!!!!

I'm new here. More of a proghead but Black Sabbath is fave ever band and love 80s metal NWOBHM.
Random avatar
Canada (ca) Male

Hi to everyone! I am Yavor (don't know if you are going to be able to say my name, ha!)! I'm 25 years old, I am from Bulgaria, whitch now is pretty cold and snowy. I have been listening to rock and metal for over 12 years.

Sorry that I haven't participated in the forum (I have been pretty busy lately) but I'll try to correct that.
Bulgaria (bg) Male

Greetings from the foothills of the Appalachian mountains in SE Ohio.
42 yr old, long time metal fan and still dig it.
Glad to have a place to hang out.

Greg
United States (us) Male
Name: Greg

Hi, everyone, I'm a metalhead from Brazil. Well, a friend told me about this site, and so I'm here.
Brazil (br) Male

Hello! I'm new! Great blog and forum! I've been looking for something like this for some time... I'll check what's on and see if can post something form my archives

Hail! Hail! Hail Odin!! (metal2) (metal2) (metal2)
Random avatar
Costa Rica (cr) Male

Hey everyone, made this account a while back with the intention of getting Gotham City's 1983 demo and so I've finally come around to posting more often. Well I'm a 17 year old metalhead from Puerto Rico, I've been getting stuff from strappado's blog and such for a long time now so I think it's about time that I participated in it.
United States (us) Male
Name: Black_Machine

Welcome all! :D it's really good to know we can share a lot with metalheads from all around the world! cheers! im making my comeback too, im eager to share local records! ^^

« Return to General Metal Discussions

« Previous topic | Next topic »