Recommendations, Records, Collections, etc.
General Metal Discussions » Lots of dead links to cult demos
Why there is the request section and request reupload in forum? It's this to garnish? Prince Hector You speak thus because you live in Europa and living in Europa the people find easy to buy by a affordable price. Came to Brazil to you to feel how are things here!!! I have not financial conditions to pay more than 4000 Euros in every discographie that I search. I am sure if you lived similar the my financial conditions here in Brazil you will not possess nothing also.

The people that possess vinyls, k7 and rares CDs are very rare in South America, all they are multi millionaires and have lived in world first country (USA, England and Sweden for exemple) and they does not sell what they possess.

And I am not Metal Head. I don't like labels! Rock and Metal was made to who love the style. A people to like rock n roll does not need to show to everybody the passion by style!
Banned
Brazil (br) Male
Name: Paulinhochocolate

Topics Solved: 1

professorpaulinho wrote:Why there is the request section and request reupload in forum? It's this to garnish? Prince Hector You speak thus because you live in Europa and living in Europa the people find easy to buy by a affordable price. Came to Brazil to you to feel how are things here!!! I have not financial conditions to pay more than 4000 Euros in every discographie that I search. I am sure if you lived similar the my financial conditions here in Brazil you will not possess nothing also.

The people that possess vinyls, k7 and rares CDs are very rare in South America, all they are multi millionaires and have lived in world first country (USA, England and Sweden for exemple) and they does not sell what they possess.

And I am not Metal Head. I don't like labels! Rock and Metal was made to who love the style. A people to like rock n roll does not need to show to everybody the passion by style!

I don't know what domestic prices are like in Brazil, but Brazilians can always buy from ebay if the domestic price is too high. If their purchase is up to the value of $50, they won't pay any import taxes.
United Kingdom (uk) Male

Topics Solved: 97

I don't know why this topic has got so far off topic, but i find the general attitude very disappointing.
I'd much rather focus on the things which unite us rather than being divisive.
Bringer of Steel
United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 92

Prince Hector wrote:
I find it very hard to believe that all these lurkers cannot share anything special with us: a single scan or a difficult to find rip.
They say they don't have Heavy Metal CD's, vinyls, cassettes etc. to share: They are not true Metal Heads.I am sorry to say that but they are parasites.
How they show their love to Heavy Metal music?By bying external hard disk drives to store what other people upload?

THIS!

I find it hard to believe that there isn't anything to share.

As I am working much with Swedish heavy metal and hard rock I am daily contacting members of bands. They are often happy to discuss the past and share some of their music. Just a tip to you who can't "afford" to buy physical material and "don't have anything to share". Take ur time to get in touch with those old bands and you will maybe end up with something to share.
Sweden (se) Male   YouTube  
Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 1418

It's a good idea Strappado. I think it's one solution. I observe very selfishness in metal admirers in to share what they possess, because many of them unfortunately only share his rips with their friends.

About the dead links problem, it's the best if all uploaders to collaborate to send the files for good hosts and every uploader to possess the respective host (Mediafire and 4shared for exemple), and they not to send the files in worthless hosts that expire in little time. And the old uploaders to help to reupload what is requested. If they to help at least once a month they reuploading a file, already will help satisfactorily.
Banned
Brazil (br) Male
Name: Paulinhochocolate

Topics Solved: 1

To anybody new here, or just in general, anyone new to downloading from forums like this -
yes, it is nice if you say "Thanks" or "Thank you", but if that is ALL you write after clicking to give points, then don't bother.
Nobody wants to see pages of nearly empty posts.
see - A bunch of dudes saying thanks...

and
also annoying, is somebody typing "Dead Link" at the bottom of a topic thread.

You bump up that band, when you should have created a NEED RE-UP request in the [NEED RE-UP] section.

Nobody will read your post first , that includes me too, I don't read the last posts first.
We will click to give points, the "Thanks for Post" button, and also see nothing.

INSTEAD of typing "dead link", create a new [NEED RE-UP] topic thread, in the Re-Upload Requests section- viewforum.php?f=179 , ., It helps everybody out.

• 2 likes this
FORUM MOD!
Canada (ca) Male 

Topics Solved: 327

Strappado wrote:THIS!

I find it hard to believe that there isn't anything to share.

As I am working much with Swedish heavy metal and hard rock I am daily contacting members of bands. They are often happy to discuss the past and share some of their music. Just a tip to you who can't "afford" to buy physical material and "don't have anything to share". Take ur time to get in touch with those old bands and you will maybe end up with something to share.

My emphasis added but this is how I am trying to find those rare Texas gems that I remember from my youth. I should have something nice and extremely rare to share soon because I contacted a band member.

My blog: Texas Metal Powerhouse
Bringer of Steel
United States (us) Male 

Topics Solved: 5

I don't buy that there's nothing to share,i'm from this or that country....look at the flag under my name...look carefully.Actually i'm getting tired of leechers ,no positive feedback on anything you share, just a bunch of thanks...great sound...500 posts with zero reputation!what kind of @$%#% you are??!!!by the way,i have many rare records but won't post any until everything is clarified(with myself at least).the only good point of being a member of this forum was that i've found some good friends to chat a little about good old days with.

• 5 likes this
Bringer of Steel
Iran (ir) Male
Name: Al

Topics Solved: 28

insane surgeon wrote:I don't buy that there's nothing to share,i'm from this or that country....look at the flag under my name...look carefully.Actually i'm getting tired of leechers ,no positive feedback on anything you share, just a bunch of thanks...great sound...500 posts with zero reputation!what kind of @$%#% you are??!!!by the way,i have many rare records but won't post any until everything is clarified(with myself at least).the only good point of being a member of this forum was that i've found some good friends to chat a little about good old days with.

Yes. Even I am starting to get a little fed up with it. I think all this I live in country A or country B is just an excuse to let everyone else do all the hard work and spend all the money. There is a lot of work involved aswell at times. I uploaded a lossless album on here once to fulfill a request when some works were being done locally which affected our internet speed. It took me SIX hours to upload it. But what I do take issue with especially is the implication that living in a European country means that metal is easier to get hold of and more appreciated. I live in the UK and it is not the rock/metal loving utopia that is being described in this thread. Metal is very much a niche market here as much as it is anywhere else. I am the only person in my circle of friends that listens to metal. I cannot buy the music I love from just anywhere. I often have to search on ebay and also end up buying cds directly from the bands themselves as they are often not widely available. Cd baby is also good if you like lossless music and the BEST part is that it can be downloaded in lossless format. So even though it is based in the USA you can get the lossless music without worrying about expensive shipping or import fees. Food for thought maybe?
Sorry I think I'll end it there as its turning into rant.

• 2 likes this
Bringer of Steel
United Kingdom (uk) Male

Topics Solved: 16

« Return to General Metal Discussions