Ideas / Suggestions » Don't you feel that people have started to afraid to post their thoughts in album's topics?
After big march by members of forum against 'thanks' spamming I feel like people started to afraid to share their thoughts in album's topics.
Yes, usually you have nothing to say but only basic 'thank you' about unlistened release yet. And when you listened to it, let's be honest, you are just lazy to come back in thread to write your thoughts.
Still, sometimes you have something to say about release whatever it is and.. people said it in "thank you" section to uploader. But forum's are ment to be place for public discussions, not beetween two peoples in private chat. Even so it's hard to answer uploader to message that comes in "thank you" section because there is no such tool. You have to write new private message in order to do it.
Well, may be it's only me, who fall into that. But there are definitely lack of even simple thought's in album topics.

May be we need to add discussion threads for every band which will automatically created from band name and it's flag if it's not here already.
Russia (ru) Male

Topics Solved: 18

Actually I totally think this has become an issue, interesting comments seem way down with the exception of a few regulars. when I warn someone, I'm trying to remember to say something along the lines of "you can still comment, uploaders love to get a bit of feedback" in addition to warning them about unhiding posts by typing thanks, still though, if a lot of these people are having trouble understanding English in the first place, I'm certain that they're also not understanding that while they can't type thanks comments, they're still allowed to comment on things.

That being said however, thanks spam regardless of language has slowed to nearly a halt over the course of a couple months which is nice to see.
FORUM MOD!
Canada (ca) Male YouTube 
Name: Tachi Ikoma

Topics Solved: 16

I agree. I see few real comments in the posts. I'm guilty of downloading with the intent to listen later and never come back to add any comments. Hopefully after the members become accustomed to the new rules, the meaningful comments will come back.

• 1 likes this

My blog: Texas Metal Powerhouse
Bringer of Steel
United States (us) Male 

Topics Solved: 5

« Return to Ideas / Suggestions