Live Albums [Heavy / Power] » Judas Priest (UK) - The Complete Unleashed In The East [Live Album] (1979) [Lossless FLAC]
  • http://i.imgur.com/7hPCFce.png

Artist: Judas Priest
    Release: 1979
    Genre: Heavy Metal
    Bitrate: FLAC
    ►Dead Link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    This was posted on The Hear Rock City Blog and I downloaded it in January of 2014. Within a day, Blogger deleted Rocket's Hear Rock City. So glad I grabbed this one. If you're any kind of Priest Fan, die hard or casual, you'll want to grab this.

It's Unleashed In The East with all of the live tracks in the order they were played on the Japan 1979 tour, soundboard quality. I do not know who the original uploader was, but it is clear this was a labor of love. I'm happy to re-post it here. Not sure what the original upload bit rate was so I've ripped my CD as FLAC files to preserve the audio.

As it is in FLAC, it's three large downloads and well worth every second. My sincerest thanks to the original uploader.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Exciter
    2. Running Wild
    3. The Ripper
    4. Diamonds And Rust
    5. Rock Forever
    6. Beyond The Realms Of Death
    7. The Green Manalishi
    8. Delivering The Goods
    9. White Heat, Red Hot
    10. Sinner
    11. Evil Fantasies
    12. Victim Of Changes
    13. Genocide
    14. Starbreaker
    15. Hell Bent For Leather
    16. Better By You, Better Than Me
    17. Tyrant

Topics Solved: 0

Alongside with Live Evil and Strangers In The Night - this is my other fave live album ever. Thanks !

Topics Solved: 19

Thank you for the upload, but, yes, this is lossy sourced. Pity :-(
    Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 65

In order to be an accurate representation of Priest's 1979 Japan shows (and, therefore, a complete 'Unleashed In The East'), Track 16 should be "Take On The World". "Better By You, Better Than Me" was only played on Priest's 1978 world tour.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unleashed_in_the_East

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/judas-pri ... 7044f.html

• 1 likes this
    United Kingdom (uk) Male

Topics Solved: 97

New Link: Hidden Link

• 15 likes this
    Bringer of Steel
    Russia (ru) Male
    Name: Michael

Topics Solved: 866

Hello to everyone! I totally love this album and I tried again to make it really "complete"... according to different sources it seems more or less impossible coz "White Heat, Red Hot" and "Take on the World" were never recorded... I hoped to find them in this version but unfortunately it didn't happen! :(

"White Heat, Red Hot" it's the same version that we can find in "Take on the World" single and that was recorded at The Agora in Cleveland, Ohio on 9 May 1978 (anyhow is problably the closest thing to the one played in Japan).

"Take on the World" is missing also in this version... (on the web I've found two bootlegs recorded in New York and Seattle in 1979 that are again probably the closest versions compared to the Japanese one, but in this case the sound quality is obviously worse).

Also, as another guy said before me, the track "Better by You, Better Than Me" was not played in those concerts... so why to include it? And to be accurate, the version here included is the same that we can find as bonus in "Stained Class", recorded in 1990!

Sorry for this post, I really thanks Yurei for sharing this, it's not a critique, just I'm trying to make everything more clear! ;) If someone as different or new informations about it please let me know! \m/
    Random avatar
    Italy (it) Male

Negazione wrote:Also, as another guy said before me, the track "Better by You, Better Than Me" was not played in those concerts... so why to include it? And to be accurate, the version here included is the same that we can find as bonus in "Stained Class", recorded in 1990!

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/judas-priest/1979/festival-hall-osaka-japan-33c67cc5.html
    Feb 14, 1979, Better By You, Better Than Me (Spooky Tooth cover)
    FORUM MOD!
    Canada (ca) Male 

Topics Solved: 328

canadaspaceman wrote:
    Negazione wrote:Also, as another guy said before me, the track "Better by You, Better Than Me" was not played in those concerts... so why to include it? And to be accurate, the version here included is the same that we can find as bonus in "Stained Class", recorded in 1990!

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/judas-priest/1979/festival-hall-osaka-japan-33c67cc5.html
    Feb 14, 1979, Better By You, Better Than Me (Spooky Tooth cover)

Setlist.fm is incorrect on this occasion. "Better By You, Better Than Me" was not part of the setlist on the 'Hell Bent For Leather' tour. "Take On The World" was played as an encore on this tour, usually sandwiched between "Hell Bent For Leather" and "Tyrant".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unleashed_in_the_East

http://www.thexquorum.com/mad/UNLEASHEDINTHEEAST.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell_Bent ... ather_Tour
    United Kingdom (uk) Male

Topics Solved: 97

Thanks... interesting... in all the pages and deep analysis that I've found this song is not mentioned... new mystery :O by the way if they played it in those concerts it would be better, in my opinion, to put one version from same years... in 1990 everything was different :)

- EDIT -

Probably yes, there is a mistake in that setlist! ;)
    Random avatar
    Italy (it) Male

I just downloaded this, and I must have misunderstood what it was. I thought it was all a bootleg of the original Unleashed in the east concerts. I listened to it today, and it is the commercial release of the album, along with songs from B- sides and EP's, put in the order they were played live. I still appreciate the effort as here I found all the songs in one place!!
    Random avatar
    United States (us) Male

Yes, this is very contradictory compilation but ... thank you very much for nice transfer of "Beyond The Realms Of Death" from very rare "Rock Forever" vinyl EP.
    Random avatar
    Czech Republic (cz) Male

Scrolling through these comments, I learned a lot, too. Thanks to each and every one of you for the added information! At the end of the day, it's flaws aside, it really is a kick ass disc to put in the car and take for a l-o-n-g drive!

« Return to Live Albums [Heavy / Power]